A Huge Positive for me with the squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Huge Positive for me with the squad

The last 2/3 games there's been quite a few changes made in the starting lineup, and the performances by those chosen have still been great.
    Just looks like whoever is called upon gives there all on the pitch which shows the morale there must be in the squad now.

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
    The last 2/3 games there's been quite a few changes made in the starting lineup, and the performances by those chosen have still been great.
    Just looks like whoever is called upon gives there all on the pitch which shows the morale there must be in the squad now.

Comment

I rated very few from the squad earlier, it's amazing what a new manager and a few astute additions can do for the overall performances!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Agree shows strength but I'm old school (no smart comments) and next season if we're doing well we're possible I like to see strongest side selected game in game out

When we went up under Warnock probably used regular batch of what 15/16 players???

Good to see Mass step up last two games that's what it should be like competition

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Agree shows strength but I'm old school (no smart comments) and next season if we're doing well we're possible I like to see strongest side selected game in game out

When we went up under Warnock probably used regular batch of what 15/16 players???

Good to see Mass step up last two games that's what it should be like competition
          Think the games moved on and Ollies moved on as well. I suspect we'll hav to get used to a rotating line up as Olli matches up his system to counter the opposition week in week out 😉👌
          Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

I know Glev and accept game is all about rotation and tinkering just got be clever what changes in line up and side are made against.

Rotation has ruined league and FA cups will get worse in leagues too

Comment

I think Olly's been very clever in how he's rotated the squad. What he's achieved is a happy and positive bunch of players who all feel they can contribute and get their chance. He's also had the balls to do this in the face of fan anger and expectations, he gambled that he knew we would be safe even when most of us were not so certain. So I take my hat off to him. We only have to look at the resurgence of Washington and Bidwell to see this, or the trust Olly's placed in a young players like Furlong and Manning. This will pay us massive dividends going forward.

I agree Wests that it's generally preferable to have a settled team, but I think there's a difference between tinkering and harbouring and nurturing players. Looking back at what Olly has done since he rejoined us, the overall effect is impressive. He clearly had, and has, a plan and a vision. Given that we can now see this plan already bearing fruit, it feels like the good times might be returning to Loftus Road. Who knows, maybe we'll even go on a cup run next season!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                I think Olly's been very clever in how he's rotated the squad. What he's achieved is a happy and positive bunch of players who all feel they can contribute and get their chance. He's also had the balls to do this in the face of fan anger and expectations, he gambled that he knew we would be safe even when most of us were not so certain. So I take my hat off to him. We only have to look at the resurgence of Washington and Bidwell to see this, or the trust Olly's placed in a young players like Furlong and Manning. This will pay us massive dividends going forward.

I agree Wests that it's generally preferable to have a settled team, but I think there's a difference between tinkering and harbouring and nurturing players. Looking back at what Olly has done since he rejoined us, the overall effect is impressive. He clearly had, and has, a plan and a vision. Given that we can now see this plan already bearing fruit, it feels like the good times might be returning to Loftus Road. Who knows, maybe we'll even go on a cup run next season!

one thing i'm really loving is its very hard to pick a starting 11, too hard in fact as everyone is consistently putting in motm performances week in week out, the only absolute guarentee for a spot is smithies imo as there's far too much competition for every other spot in the team, ned seems like a whole new player under ollie and is gaining confidence each and every week, luongo has put in great performances in his last two games and hall is looking like a key player in his midfield role. even up front we have 4 players that all deserve to start each game! genuinely i'm onboard with anything ollie experiments with (until we lose of course, then i'll call ollie out and rage about how tactically inept he is) as we learn something from it everytime. i struggle to even think of what players we can bring in for next season as the players all deserve to be the first name on the team sheet

Comment

It's great that there's a feel good factor about the place I just hope the expectations from supporters are not too high next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    It's great that there's a feel good factor about the place I just hope the expectations from supporters are not too high next season.
                    This is key and club needs to find a way of carrying over the feel good factor amongst the squad from close season to the start of the new season. Think part of this will be not having drastic change to squad which has happened last four five seasons which disabled team unity. Perhaps two or three additions with the right character but no more. Nice tight squad with us v them mentality

Comment

I'll give him to the end of the season and if we're not in Europe, he is OUT
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                        I'll give him to the end of the season and if we're not in Europe, he is OUT
                        Hold on Lymes, I thought you wanted us out of Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Hold on Lymes, I thought you wanted us out of Europe?

far too positive on here for an old git like me Hubs. Thought I'd poke the hornets nest
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            This is key and club needs to find a way of carrying over the feel good factor amongst the squad from close season to the start of the new season. Think part of this will be not having drastic change to squad which has happened last four five seasons which disabled team unity. Perhaps two or three additions with the right character but no more. Nice tight squad with us v them mentality

Agree with everything being said on this positive thread which is n arf rare agree westy tbh im already happy with our core squad already apart from id sign up lualua straight away,& get rav fit and sign him up as hes on the cheap isnt he i think, but what a squad we`ve got & unreal how whoever comes in plays really well, thats the benchmark ollie & the players have laid down now, so if performances are less like luongos were youll get benched, so keeping a high standard expected, really do fancy us next season and im going to have a bet on us winning the league in my eyes seeing a really special team here like our warnock winning season!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

In large part its due to the fact Ollie is a great man manager.

Comment

Working...
                              X