Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81

Thread: Well done ian holloway

  1. Default

    Originally Posted by WeAreQPR12
    the bloke deserves a knighthood
    I think maybe you've been on the beer mate. But I don't think hype ever helps get to the truth.

    JFH was dire as you say - I can't remember when you first figured that out, a lot of people were very reluctant to examine the evidence of their own eyes - and Olly is doing a really sound job. All credit to him. Let's see where we are at the end of term for a more realistic appraisal.

  2. #17

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    Im still waiting for todays stright after the match moan thread about one of the players or the set up etc.
    Not sure about Furlong!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    6,278
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally Posted by hal9thou
    I think maybe you've been on the beer mate. But I don't think hype ever helps get to the truth.

    JFH was dire as you say - I can't remember when you first figured that out, a lot of people were very reluctant to examine the evidence of their own eyes - and Olly is doing a really sound job. All credit to him. Let's see where we are at the end of term for a more realistic appraisal.
    To be fair, there is just as much knee jerk on here now as there was when we'd lost 6 in a row. Obviously it's been proven that we weren't as bad as our form suggested back then and we probably ain't quite as good as our last 6 results would suggest either.

    I think we'll be in or around the playoffs next season which would be great!
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  4. Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    To be fair, there is just as much knee jerk on here now as there was when we'd lost 6 in a row. Obviously it's been proven that we weren't as bad as our form suggested back then and we probably ain't quite as good as our last 6 results would suggest either.

    I think we'll be in or around the playoffs next season which would be great!
    Ah, the voice of reason. You spoilsport, you.

  5. #20

    Default

    holloway seems to have the respect of the players that's massive in football . we've had to many clowns playing for us in recent years that thought they were to big for little QPR and were only here for massive wages . holloways got us playing exciting football and that's all i want , can't stand watching teams pass to eachother 10 times only to see the full back get it . this team has a bit of fight about them long may it continue

  6. Default

    I'm actually quite gutted we didn't win. We had some clear cut chances. Shows how better we are under Holloway coming away from Ellend road gutted we didn't win. Well done lads

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    uckfield
    Posts
    632
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Fordy
    I'm actually quite gutted we didn't win. We had some clear cut chances. Shows how better we are under Holloway coming away from Ellend road gutted we didn't win. Well done lads
    Bang on fella, with this squad I now almost expect us to get a result
    Who ever we play and was gutted today that we didn't win. Wow when
    Was the last time we could say that. My cup is overfloweth with pride
    and optimism, I can see great times ahead. Well done Ollie and well done
    my team. COYRs

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shepherd's Bush
    Posts
    16,503
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by LoftusRoadLad
    Leeds had 63% poss but zero shots on target !! our defence
    Was saying to a Leeds mate earlier that possession means absolutely nothing if you don't do anything with it. He wasn't having any of it til I showed him the shots on target stat
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

    Matt Smith - 3
    Jamie Mackie - 3
    Conor Washington - 3
    Idrissa Sylla - 2
    Luke Freeman - 2
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    Massimo Luongo - 1
    David Wheeler - 1

    January Transfers 2018

    IN


    OUT

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Isle of Wight
    Posts
    3,109

    Default

    Originally Posted by Fordy
    I must admit I'm totally won over by Holloway. Wasn't my 1st choice by a mile when JFH got sacked but I'm very happy to say that he's going a fantastic job atm. Long may it continue. The purchase of Freeman for 300k seems like the transfer of the century.
    Exactly as I see it ! Thought we had made a big big mistake and never go back but well done Olly !

  10. #25

    Default

    Well pished off, dropped down to 15th, Ollie out

  11. #26

    Default

    Originally Posted by WeAreQPR12
    Dominated a very good side away from home. Having exciting players and the bloke deserves a knighthood. To think most on here wanted him sacked. Good job most of you focus on the beer drinking and leave the football decisions to a man that knows completely what he's doing. Excited about next season
    I'm getting ice cream next season, me and pinkie!!!
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

  12. #27

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    I'd gone beyond it at that point. The minute we backed him into the transfer window, we had to stick with him. And I'm glad now that we did.

    I still ain't a huge Ollie fan though. Love the fact he's got a bit of heart back in the team and got us playing with pride. Really don't like him as as tactician.

    He's what we've got though and as such, I'll support him!
    ffs tarbs, olly is the daddy ! Show him the love and admit you got it wrong perleesexx
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    6,278
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally Posted by vanhoop
    ffs tarbs, olly is the daddy ! Show him the love and admit you got it wrong perleesexx
    Mate, he's a Championship standard manager not the bloody messiah.

    Yes, he's doing a good job and yes, I was wrong when I said we should have got rid of him after 5 or 6 games.......but let's not go overboard.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  14. Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    Mate, he's a Championship standard manager not the bloody messiah.

    Yes, he's doing a good job and yes, I was wrong when I said we should have got rid of him after 5 or 6 games.......but let's not go overboard.


    Lol i tell you what tarbs was going to reply just like van has, cannot believe youre stubborness towards him when hes done an incredible job for you to still come out with `lets not go overboard tosh!` lol, serioulsy tarbs no other manager would of done what hes done in the short spell of time aswell, & no manager would seriously be in love with us as ollie is! you know youre wrong about him but you still wont have it just cos of a odd decision every now n then! which ollie usually explains why hes done it, seriously though on those decisions youre making out hes tactically inept which is ridiculas mate tbh, hes just not scared to try things out which things dont always work, but hes the first to hold his hands up to a mistake, whoever you would of had instead of him im afraid would not of done what ollies doing now! when we`re close to promotion next season will you still be coming out with at the end of your explanation that lets not go overboard still?

  15. Default

    Originally Posted by vanhoop
    I'm getting ice cream next season, me and pinkie!!!
    Haha that made me laugh, a big ups to the few that stuck it through with the ollie love

    goes out to, van, corbray, weare, myu, hubble & a few others that could see the light

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •