No announcement yet.

Well done ian holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do some people always want to #### their fellow Rs off on here? Don't recall many saying they wanted him gone either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Haha that made me laugh, a big ups to the few that stuck it through with the ollie love

goes out to, van, corbray, weare, myu, hubble & a few others that could see the light
      Hubble was a massive out towards ollie
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Think im getting hubbs mixed up then, brian wilson and stan and the general!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          Why do some people always want to #### their fellow Rs off on here? Don't recall many saying they wanted him gone either.
          Dunno mate.

All I ever give is my honest opinion on here, sometimes it may reflect the popular opinion, other times it won't. But it's always my honest opinion. Certain people on here think it's ok just to fire abuse or dig people out cos they don't agree with an opinion.

Personally, I'm not a huge Holloway fan. I haven't been since his final season of his last stint here. I'm glad it's working out and I'm supporting my club as I always do. But no amount of abuse from people like Pinkie is going to change a view that I have come to through my own observations.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 12-03-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Lol i tell you what tarbs was going to reply just like van has, cannot believe youre stubborness towards him when hes done an incredible job for you to still come out with `lets not go overboard tosh!` lol, serioulsy tarbs no other manager would of done what hes done in the short spell of time aswell, & no manager would seriously be in love with us as ollie is! you know youre wrong about him but you still wont have it just cos of a odd decision every now n then! which ollie usually explains why hes done it, seriously though on those decisions youre making out hes tactically inept which is ridiculas mate tbh, hes just not scared to try things out which things dont always work, but hes the first to hold his hands up to a mistake, whoever you would of had instead of him im afraid would not of done what ollies doing now! when we`re close to promotion next season will you still be coming out with at the end of your explanation that lets not go overboard still?
            Mate, I've already said that we'll be close to promotion next season if we play they way have been the last few months. Saying that no other manager would have done as well as Holloway is pure speculation though!

Totally up to me whether I rate Holloway or not ain't it? Dunno why you feel the need to argue me on the point all the time. You ain't gonna change my opinion.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 12-03-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              You'd do well in the gestapo Weare.

In the interests of accuracy, let's see if I really was a "massive out towards Olly"? If we look at the actual evidence what do we discover? See if you can find (if you can be arsed) a single post where I've called for Olly to be sacked (apart from one joke: put Olly on a trolley, appoint the wally with the brolly!). Sure, I heavily criticised him at times, and I got very frustrated with some of his tactics, but I was equally quick to celebrate the positives. So in point of fact, no, I was not and have never been a "massive out towards Olly".

Here's what I wrote after he was appointed on the 11th of November last year:

When Olly's name came into the frame a few days ago, some people were asking whether it was pure expediency on the part of the club, given the new budgetary restrictions in place. Whilst names like Rowett, Sherwood and Clement were being discussed as genuine contenders, perhaps they were never even in the frame. With CEO Lee Hoos overseeing things with a tight rein, the names of those actually interviewed - Karl Robinson and Dougie Freedman - represented a more realistic standard.

But even so, Olly seemed like a wild card. A random choice. Perhaps it was even a cynical ploy in a desperate attempt to win back the fans, people asked. Harking back to bygone glory days when the club was united as a tribe and Loftus Road was our cave.

But if you combine those two factors - financial expediency and someone who could really lift the fans and steer this club out of the doldrums - then really only one name fits the bill: Ian Holloway.

It's a risk. All of us who watched QPR during Olly's first tenure know that. But then any appointment is a risk. But if Olly can galvanise this club and this group of players to raise their game, then something magical can happen - the sum can become greater than the parts. Perhaps returning to our cave mentality is what we need. We have been swanning it after our recent forays into the premiership, but at the same time, we've lost our soul. It was tribalism and bonding along with hard-nosed pragmatism and no shortage of skill that got us promoted under Neil Warnock. Today we really only have the former two factors available. This squad has nothing like the class or steel of that 2010/11 squad. So we will have to rely on Olly's magic. And if, IF, that starts to bring a return, not just in improved performances but also a buzzing crowd, then maybe the board will be persuaded to dip into their pockets in January, and certainly at the end of the season; and then Olly might have a chance of performing yet another apparent minor miracle, and lead a small club back to the top flight. In which case, his appointment will be seen as a masterstroke. It could happen. Or it could all end in tears. But the rollercoaster ride is about to begin again. Hold on to your hats.

I'd say that fairly prescient! Never been a massive or even a minor Olly outer. And have stated on several occasions I think he's the best and right man for the job. Amen.
              Last edited by Hubble; 12-03-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

i love how we're playing under ollie and i love how great i feel about the club win or lose but even better than that he's got this board united supportive of the team
                he's breathed an entirely new breath of fresh air into the entire club from top to bottom and win or lose we know we can be proud of the team. so glad we've finally got someone here who is passionate about the club and it's fans and it's amazing to see the turnaround from jfh. can't wait for next season!

Comment

Does anyone remember a home game towards the end of our first season back in the championship under Ollie. It may have been our final home game but I'm not too sure.
                  It was one of those 'nothing' end of season matches where the atmosphere dipped after the ususl first ten minutes of singing and out of nowhere Q block started singing ' thank you Ian Holloway'
                  Very soon the whole ground was singing it.
                  It almost felt like it was the first time we, as fans, had had a chance to pause, take a breath and take stock after the rollercoaster ride of the previous few years of administration, relegation, the play off final loss, winning automatic promotion the following season, but not before almost blowing it, and then starting our first season back in the championship without a win in our first 6 or so games. We then went on to re-establish ourselves as a 2nd tier club. Ollie had straightened us out as a club and I don't mind admitting, when the ground started singing that song, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.
                  Whether he can get us up again remains to be seen but what he has done already is bring back some passion and made match days something to look forward to. As fans, we surely can't ask for much more than that.
                  I'd love it if we could thank him again at our last home game, based on what he's done so far he deserves it.
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

I like that idea Itso.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                      Does anyone remember a home game towards the end of our first season back in the championship under Ollie. It may have been our final home game but I'm not too sure.
                      It was one of those 'nothing' end of season matches where the atmosphere dipped after the ususl first ten minutes of singing and out of nowhere Q block started singing ' thank you Ian Holloway'
                      Very soon the whole ground was singing it.
                      It almost felt like it was the first time we, as fans, had had a chance to pause, take a breath and take stock after the rollercoaster ride of the previous few years of administration, relegation, the play off final loss, winning automatic promotion the following season, but not before almost blowing it, and then starting our first season back in the championship without a win in our first 6 or so games. We then went on to re-establish ourselves as a 2nd tier club. Ollie had straightened us out as a club and I don't mind admitting, when the ground started singing that song, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.
                      Whether he can get us up again remains to be seen but what he has done already is bring back some passion and made match days something to look forward to. As fans, we surely can't ask for much more than that.
                      I'd love it if we could thank him again at our last home game, based on what he's done so far he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Mate, I've already said that we'll be close to promotion next season if we play they way have been the last few months. Saying that no other manager would have done as well as Holloway is pure speculation though!

Totally up to me whether I rate Holloway or not ain't it? Dunno why you feel the need to argue me on the point all the time. You ain't gonna change my opinion.

Fair enough tarbie, not too sure where the abuse bit comes from, certainly not abuse from me at all! just think just cos you dont particularly like him it is out of stubborness cos what hes doing & dones superb! but fair enough.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Fair enough tarbie, not too sure where the abuse bit comes from, certainly not abuse from me at all! just think just cos you dont particularly like him it is out of stubborness cos what hes doing & dones superb! but fair enough.
                          He's doing a great job, I've acknowledged that. But just like you were correct to point out my knee jerk reaction when things weren't going well, I'm not going to get carried away with a good run of form either.

Comment

Even when we lost 6 in a row you could always see what he was trying to do on the pitch and off it.

Unite the club ..players..and fans all together amazingly shrewd signing amazing turnaround

Playoffs next year ..hopefully . Buy Lua Lua a sap .

Comment

love you

love you ollie ,love you
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                                I'm getting ice cream next season, me and pinkie!!!
                                On route to Dairy Queen as I compose this
                                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X