No announcement yet.

Summer Transfer Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first in a long time we won't have to panic buy in the season and can concentrate on getting a good preseason together without waiting until deadline day where players come in who aren't prepared.

Interested to know which players who are coming back from loan should be given a chance (Borysuik for example).

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      I'd be pretty happy with that tbh, burnley are one of my favourite sides in england as they've got where they are by shrewd investment and building a strong team.
      Would hate us to throw money around again thats for sure!! Ive been more excited over freeman than i've ever been over leroy fer
      Great shout about Freeman.

Comment

We don't need much if anything at all. Had we have won our home games against Wolves, Burton, Villa and Blackburn we'd be in and around the playoffs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          For the first in a long time we won't have to panic buy in the season and can concentrate on getting a good preseason together without waiting until deadline day where players come in who aren't prepared.

Interested to know which players who are coming back from loan should be given a chance (Borysuik for example).
          Completely forgot about Ariel

Outs this summer:

Henry
          Lua lua and Morrison (both loans)
          Gladwin
          Elk
          Doughty (needs first team football at this stage of his career)

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
            We don't need much if anything at all. Had we have won our home games against Wolves, Burton, Villa and Blackburn we'd be in and around the playoffs right now.
            If we had won 11 of the games that we lost we would be top of the league

Comment

I agree this is the first window in a long time we don't need to go mad! I'm personally hoping this means instead of spreading the transfer kitty across 6 or 7 players we can spend the money on maybe 1 top quality striker and 2 or 3 squad players.

Right now we a have team that imo will compete in the top 10 next year and quite possibly the play offs. A proven goal scorer at this level imo will propel us to top 6 competing for top 2.

On top of a striker I reckon we need a rb/wb to compete with Furlong, lb/wb cover for Bidwell, a young cb for squad rotation and a general for the middle of the park in the mold of Derry!!

Plus complete the signing of Lua Lua on a permanent!

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                Completely forgot about Ariel

Outs this summer:

Henry
                Lua lua and Morrison (both loans)
                Gladwin
                Elk
                Doughty (needs first team football at this stage of his career)
                Some in here also want us to get rid of Onuoha and Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  I agree this is the first window in a long time we don't need to go mad! I'm personally hoping this means instead of spreading the transfer kitty across 6 or 7 players we can spend the money on maybe 1 top quality striker and 2 or 3 squad players.

Right now we a have team that imo will compete in the top 10 next year and quite possibly the play offs. A proven goal scorer at this level imo will propel us to top 6 competing for top 2.

On top of a striker I reckon we need a rb/wb to compete with Furlong, lb/wb cover for Bidwell, a young cb for squad rotation and a general for the middle of the park in the mold of Derry!!

We have Robinson as cover for Bidwell
                  We have lynch, onuoha, hall and caulker at CB
                  At CM in the general role we have manning, goss, Luongo and cousins (and Ariel when back)
                  Up front we have Sylla, Washington and smith (all with a decent goal to game ratio)

I personally hope we don't spend a penny until Ollie has decided who he wants in and who he wants out. At present we have more than decent cover for EVERY position.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                    We have Robinson as cover for Bidwell
                    We have lynch, onuoha, hall and caulker at CB
                    At CM in the general role we have manning, goss, Luongo and cousins (and Ariel when back)
                    Up front we have Sylla, Washington and smith (all with a decent goal to game ratio)

I personally hope we don't spend a penny until Ollie has decided who he wants in and who he wants out. At present we have more than decent cover for EVERY position.
                    Not sure he will come back to QPR at all, he was loaned out because he was homesick I think..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Not sure he will come back to QPR at all, he was loaned out because he was homesick I think..
                      Possibly you are right which will mean we will only have 4 players competing for that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                        Possibly you are right which will mean we will only have 4 players competing for that position.
                        Ok ,even at QPR that should be enough.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

That's still alot of players!

I completely agree with you though, be really good to not have to refresh the whole squad.

Must buys are Defensive cover, preferably a CB, who is first choice or on rotation, and use Ned as the cover. I think we are ok at RB an LB with current and youth options.

Defensive midfield battler, i feel this is where we buy an older head, someone to shut down games and get involved when we play battling teams. But i see our current midfield as excellent and the future, just a little light on.

Sign Lua Lua permanently. Not convinced Ravel is a good shout but i'd like him to be.

Spend most of the imaginary cash on a top drawer striker, or scout someone young and able. Our current options are good, but think we need more to get into the top 6.

Folks saying we need cover for GK, Ingram could and probably should move on if Smithies is staying, Lumley looks good enough to me.

This team is exciting, so good to say!!!
                          Last edited by topperharley; 13-03-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Really like our three strikers but i would bet my house we would of beaten Leeds 1-0 if we had Chaz playing.
                            Thats the difference in getting out this division imo.
                            Rest of the squad is capable .

Comment

We need cover at LB and CB as Robinson and Caulker are never available for one reason or another. We also have players out on loan to unload first.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                                We need cover at LB and CB as Robinson and Caulker are never available for one reason or another. We also have players out on loan to unload first.
                                The Finnish kid is good. Needs to get some starts to prove it.

I think new CB rather than cover, use Ned/Hall as cover. The defense is playing well right now but we still ship 1/2 goals a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X