Leeds Boozers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leeds Boozers

Where is best to go for a few pints before the game?

Should be in Leeds just after midday

Worked in Leeds for over a year building the royal armouries museum, was staying at a boozer called the industrial run by Peter lorimer . He used to serve our breakfast in the morning with thumb in the bake beans . Lovely old pub in a right hithole of an area but not far from elland Rd . Great night life up there , birds from chapel town are a good laugh if ya stopping over lad . Wash thy ferret !!!
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
      Worked in Leeds for over a year building the royal armouries museum, was staying at a boozer called the industrial run by Peter lorimer . He used to serve our breakfast in the morning with thumb in the bake beans . Lovely old pub in a right hithole of an area but not far from elland Rd . Great night life up there , birds from chapel town are a good laugh if ya stopping over lad . Wash thy ferret !!!
      That's grim

Had a few good nights up in Leeds. Decent gaff in fairness.

Comment

Niece lives up there, great night life she tells me.

Plenty of pubs but as it is around the Bush there are many places where away fans wouldn't be welcome
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Getting served breakfast by Peter Lorimer with his thumb in the baked beans, absolutely brilliant Van!

Comment

This thread reminds me of back in the 90's, i was painting on a building site.
            There was an old Irish geezer serving the teas and his sweat was dripping into the cups.

Comment

Theres a weatherspoons and another pub right in the station along with a bunch of food places, if u go right after leaving spoons though then right at the bottom of the road you'll come to a highstreet full of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                This thread reminds me of back in the 90's, i was painting on a building site.
                There was an old Irish geezer serving the teas and his sweat was dripping into the cups.
                Reminds me of a cleaner we had in our engineering company, saw him washing up the cups and enquired what cloth he was using, reply was "it's the one I use to clean the loos" maybe that's why I never felt 100% then.

Comment

Top man Van. Yeah staying up there Saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Getting served breakfast by Peter Lorimer with his thumb in the baked beans, absolutely brilliant Van!
                    It was surreal mate, Jonny Giles use to get in there from time to time. Lorimer is a top lad!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOYCEY View Post
                      Top man Van. Yeah staying up there Saturday night
                      Have a goodun joycey!!

Comment

Off topic but related to ex players serving breakfast.
                        Bobby stokes scorer of cup final winner for Southampton cooked and served me breakfast a few times in the cafe above the bus station at Portsmouth Harbour in late 80's, think it was his cafe, he used to have a fag in his hand at the time. He died a few years back, not sure if he was from Portsmouth as not like a Southampton legend to be welcome there. I used to drive trains from Waterloo to Portsmouth and go there for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                          Off topic but related to ex players serving breakfast.
                          Bobby stokes scorer of cup final winner for Southampton cooked and served me breakfast a few times in the cafe above the bus station at Portsmouth Harbour in late 80's, think it was his cafe, he used to have a fag in his hand at the time. He died a few years back, not sure if he was from Portsmouth as not like a Southampton legend to be welcome there. I used to drive trains from Waterloo to Portsmouth and go there for breakfast.
                          I'm old enough to remember Bobby stokes loft , great story. We stayed at lorimers for about 4 months then found a bed and breakfast up the road serving fry ups , toast, and cereal . It was all on offer by this Yorkshire lass and her daughters. Dinner always involved a Yorkshire pudding and a flash of dumplings hanging, was full of Brummies, Geordies and us Londoners, good days.

Comment

2 women used to work in the cafe, think one was his missus and the other her sister or cousin, he was always clean shaven with that hungover look

Comment

Just a bit of trivia, I now live in broughty ferry Scotland, Peter lorimer's home town.

Comment

Working...
                              X