Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR fan/player on Victoria Derbyshire TV programme this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR fan/player on Victoria Derbyshire TV programme this morning.

Only caught half the interview.The young man's name was James,and he thanked football and QPR in particular for help saving his life,having tried suicide several times after suffering mental illness following the loss of his dad through suicide.James was wearing a QPR badged jacket and I got the impression he currently plays for the R's in one form or another.The interview went on for around ten minutes was a real tear jerker.Several texts were sent by the listeners and were very supportive.Did anyone else on this forum happen to see it?

Fantastic from QPR & I hope the young lad continues to improve his confidence & mental issues. It was sad to watch but I'm happy he's getting the help he needs.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39207656

For those that want to see it

Comment

Poor poor brave sod. So glad Andy and QPR in the community helped turn around his life.

Comment

Wow - amazing. It's the sort of thing that ticks away quietly in the background and you don't normally hear of. Makes you proud of the club.

Comment

I know the kid, not well but I've had the pleasure of his company before and after games through mutual friends. Very nice bloke, down to earth kind of lad. Just highlights what an amazing job QPR in the Community do.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Fantastic story of what QPR does in the community

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39207716

Comment

think there's another thread on this....

edit http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...e-this-morning

Comment

Ah sorry didn't see that obviously.

Comment

This is amazing, makes me so proud to be a Ranger!! Well done to all at the club and QPR Trust in particular.
                    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Wow so sad but so awesome he is able to get his life back on track. I know him quite well. He is a fantastic guy and he helps out in the kids room before games , he is also Sparks (sorry to ruin the illusion for anyone). He is really nice and friendly to my autistic son and always so welcoming. Pleased he has found these opportunities.

Comment

Heard it on the wireless earlier. All the very best to him for the future.
                        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                        London Pride is a flower that's free.
                        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Well done James for having the strength to come through your illness and for the courage in speaking in public to help others. As for QPR, so so proud of my club.

Comment

Working...
                          X