My thoughts on last nights game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on last nights game

I thought we started well and overall played quite well.
    We eased off/ Barnsley got stronger in the last 15-20 minutes and when they scored, they put us under a bit of pressure.

I thought Smithies had a steady game, as did Ned and Yeni.
    Bidwell had a steady game and did a great goal line clearance.
    I was impressed by Pawel, and we certainly didn't threaten the Tykes defence as much when he went off, but I do understand why he was subbed though.
    I thought Mas had a good game.
    I was impressed by Freeman, but he does loves a step over and can be a bit greedy.
    Perch had a good 1st half and was doing ok 2nd, but unfortunately got injured.
    Grant Hall had a steady game and was unlucky with their goal.
    Furlong was good going forward, but needs to improve on stopping the ball being crossed.
    Sylla played ok.
    I was Impressed by Manning, gets his foot in, gets back in defence and has a good pass on him.
    Washington did a lot of running.
    Ravel came on just to get minutes under his belt.
    Not a great performance last night, but we did enough to ground out a win.

And finally on Barnsley, some good defending, nice passing and if they remembered their shooting boots, they might have came away with a draw.
    Last edited by Nicholas Cole; 08-03-2017, 12:22 PM.

Originally posted by Nicholas Cole View Post
    I thought we started well and overall played quite well.
    We eased off/ Barnsley got stronger in the last 15-20 minutes and when they scored, they put us under a bit of pressure.

I thought Smithies had a steady game, as did Ned and Yeni.
    Bidwell had a steady game and did a great goal line clearance.
    I was impressed by Pawel, and we certainly didn't threaten the Tykes defence as much when he went off, but I do understand why he was subbed though.
    I thought Mas had a good game.
    I was impressed by Freeman, but he does loves a step over and can be a bit greedy.
    Perch had a good 1st half and was doing ok 2nd, but unfortunately got injured.
    Grant Hall had a steady game and was unlucky with their goal.
    Furlong was good going forward, but needs to improve on stopping the ball being crossed.
    Sylla played ok.
    I was Impressed by Manning, gets his foot in, gets back in defence and has a good pass on him.
    Washington did a lot of running.
    Ravel came on just to get minutes under his belt.
    Not a great performance last night, but we did enough to ground out a win.

And finally on Barnsley, some good defending, nice passing and if they remembered their shooting boots, they might have came away with a draw.
    For me 70 minutes we was superb, overall good show!

Comment

Thought last nights performance was decent, we played some of our best football of the season at home, not sure what game u were watching.

Comment

Last night's performance and the gradual improvement in the earlier games makes me feel were on the edge of becoming a really good side. The way they knocked the ball about with confidence, the pass-run-pass moves we put together and the combination of Pawel and Freeman terrorising their defence left a lot of optimism for the direction this team is now moving in. Bit more strength in depth at the back...in fact one tall nasty centre back and we'll be a very good side next year.
        Last edited by amusant; 08-03-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
          Last night's performance and the gradual improvement in the earlier games makes me feel were on the edge of becoming a really good side. The way they knocked the ball about the with confidence, the pass-run-pass moves we put together and the combination of Pawel and Freeman terrorising their defence left a lot of optimism for the direction this team is now moving in. Bit more strength in depth at the back...in fact one tall nasty centre back and we'll be a very good side next year.
          Agreed

Comment

Guys, I didn't say we were s@@@.
            Although I was a bit harsh, it was good but it wasn't great.

Comment

Guys, I didn't say we were s@@@.
              Although I was a bit harsh, it was good but it wasn't great.
              You clearly didnt go to the games prior to Ollie then e.g. Newcastle, Preston.

Comment

I'd take up your view on Perch there... I'm not a great fan in all honesty and thought he had another shakey first half. It seems he is inept defensively against any winger with a bit of pace and trickery. He also got caught out of position a few times last night.

We improved massively down that right hand side when Furlong came on and linked up with Pawel.

Furlong is my 1st choice at right-back.

Comment

It was the first game I have been to since September.
                  Agreed, we had some right shockers earlier this season.

Comment

It was the first game I have been to since September.
                    Agreed, we had some right shockers earlier this season.
                    I can assure you...

Footballing wise its incredible how big the change is, pride wise its incredible how together the squad are and tactically we look like a club with some knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      I can assure you...

Footballing wise its incredible how big the change is, pride wise its incredible how together the squad are and tactically we look like a club with some knowledge.
                      The change is quite honestly amazing as you say.

Who'd have thought such a drastic change in every way would be possible in the middle of a season.

You'd forgive someone for thinking we've been in some kind of time warp with with what we've got now compared to JFH, which already feels like an age ago.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        The change is quite honestly amazing as you say.

Who'd have thought such a drastic change in every way would be possible in the middle of a season.

You'd forgive someone for thinking we've been in some kind of time warp with with what we've got now compared to JFH, which already feels like an age ago.
                        Agreed.

It shows how negative we was with JFH, ultimately for me that's what most noticeable.

I settle for this right now because for me its important that we can just enjoy being at LR again, sing songs and go to away games with some promise of a win and not just settling for a draw.

Comment

Working...
                        X