Hats off to Barnsley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to Barnsley

Just edged it for me ahead of Huddersfield as the best passing and attacking team to visit us this season and ended up being a really great game to watch in the end especially as we were playing superb as well all evening

I actually thought they worked hard and were aerially very good at the back but didn't have much attacking threat and that we out worked them. The lad Kent was decent who's on loan from Liverpool but apart from him they didn't offer much at all going forward. I thought Wigan with Bogle looked much more threatening. The through ball from their centre back was meant for the right winger but he shanked it and that's why Hall was wrong footed. I was sat west paddock and had perfect view, they were so lucky to score that!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      I actually thought they worked hard and were aerially very good at the back but didn't have much attacking threat and that we out worked them. The lad Kent was decent who's on loan from Liverpool but apart from him they didn't offer much at all going forward. I thought Wigan with Bogle looked much more threatening. The through ball from their centre back was meant for the right winger but he shanked it and that's why Hall was wrong footed. I was sat west paddock and had perfect view, they were so lucky to score that!
      Personally thought they looked dangerous on every attack and very shaky in defence the same as we did! Hall should have just put his boot through the ball into touch, he does tend to get caught napping too often. Nice footballer but safety first.

Comment

Extremely impressed with Barnsley - a small club, punching well above their weight, trying to play football the right way on a small budget.

Can see why they are where they are in the table.

Comment

considering they lost 2 of their best players in January, they play a good open style of football. Neat passing and fast to break. Much like Olly suggested before the game.

No sign of the £500k Kpekawa though !

Comment

Thought they were a good side and came and had a go, a little more accuracy in their shooting and they may have been in front at half time

Comment

Decent side playing decent football...fair play.

Not sure many have been better than Newcastle at Loftus Road though.

Comment

Didn't think much of them. We played well and would have scored more if we weren't so hesitant. Their goal came from a mistake on our part.

Comment

nice to see the few who went were rewarded with a decent game of football. I had to sit and watch the Germans show us how to play the game
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Much like us they need improvement at the back and probably have had to rely on outscoring their opponents.

Comment

if they had kept hold of winnal it may of been a different score , they ballooned 2 or 3 over in the 1st half when it looked easier to hit the target . i thought their build up play was slick and they kept the ball well

Comment

Yeah nice club, nice side.
                        Shame they gave up any hopes of the play offs in january when they were doing so well.
                        Must be annoying as a supporter.

Comment

Met a couple of Barnsley lads in the Orchard . Decent blokes proud of their team

Comment

They should probably have started with Hammill and Bradshaw. But they didn`t..... pheww.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X