No announcement yet.

Stupid substitutions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably trying to give Ravel 10-15 mins to build up his fitness.
    Not ideal though, having a player trying to regain match fitness in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Cole View Post
      Probably trying to give Ravel 10-15 mins to build up his fitness.
      Not ideal though, having a player trying to regain match fitness in March.
      I'm really surprised we haven't been arranging more behind the scenes friendlies or U23 matches for Ravel to get involved in. Much better for his fitness than 10 minutes as a sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Fair points. Unlike the knee jerk 'Spit at Ollie/ we won' stuff some post. Speaking of knee jerk the thread would be better entitled silly, not stupid. But how many times have we been two up at home and motoring this season?
        Stick with it 77 because win lose or draw there is always room for opinion and debate about what you have seen. Great that we're on a good run but blind obedience/acceptance is hardly inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Wonder if Stan will let you have it like he did Knocker.
          No chance. Now't wrong with constructive criticism, as I've always maintained - even following a win. As Ollie says himself, we are still far from the finished article.

Originally posted by knocker View Post
          Stan is a bully!!!
          And I love you too pal

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Have to say I did find the Ravel substitution very strange and not what I was expecting when we were up against it at the time but we won so Can't grumble. Also met Don Givens tonight who was one of my favourite players of that side ! Reminded him of his hat trick v Derby in 1974/75 season in a 4-1 win and he seemed genuinely humble I remembered it. Reallly nice guy.
          Great to see him inducted. All who remains now from THAT team is the great Don Masson.

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          All fair points. But it's better to destroy teams, right? Think we might have done that last night had Ollie used the bench to better effect. His unforced subs too often weaken the team. It's something that could hurt us. Hall's error didn't help, but there was no way we should have given Barnsley a sniff at 2-0. We did.
          I agree that they were there for the taking and it would be great to see us properly kill a team off this season.

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          Stick with it 77 because win lose or draw there is always room for opinion and debate about what you have seen. Great that we're on a good run but blind obedience/acceptance is hardly inspiring.
          Precisely Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            Cheers Alan. Applies to us all, not just an a sshat like me

Comment

Working...
            X