No announcement yet.

Yeni Ngbakoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge improvement and really looks a decent player. Fair play though as he's had a lot to contend with off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      JFH buy, yes?
      Surely Evil Les is to blame, oh hang on he's decent so nothing to do with Les :P

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        They don't always occupy the real danger area out wide, ie ball on deck between box and touch heading for bye-line. That's where the big lad and his sidekick need the delivery from.

We need to feed that space, long ball wont do that. At least we're less narrow these days.

Haven't seen any hoops player put in consistently great crosses since Matt Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          seems to have liked him from the start. I was beginning to worry a little bit that we had bought a dud tbh.
          Same here.

As a few have pointed out, he had a number of personal issues and had allowed himself to get overweight. As sad as a bereavement is, personally I don't take that as an excuse to allow yourself to slip into a state where you are not capable of doing a job you are paid very well to do......not for such a long period anyway. That said, it's great to see him back in shape and playing really well. I'd say he really needs to be incorporated into the starting 11 at some point soon!
          Last edited by Tarbie; 07-03-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I need to see a lot more of this before I believe the hype!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Same here.

As a few have pointed out, he had a number of personal issues and had allowed himself to get overweight. As sad as a bereavement is, personally I don't take that as an excuse to allow yourself to slip into a state where you are not capable of doing a job you are paid very well to do......not for such a long period anyway. That said, it's great to see him back in shape and playing really well. I'd say he really needs to be incorporated into the starting 11 at some point soon!
              Samba Diakite had three generations of his entire family wiped out overnight in the african war , and he never got over it,

Comment

Same here.

So because hes paid really good money hes not allowed to have a breakdown when his dad dies unexpected at a young age???

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Samba Diakite had three generations of his entire family wiped out overnight in the african war , and he never got over it,
                  Having your whole family wiped out in a genocide and having your father pass away by natural causes are 2 very different scenarios, aren't they?

Do you think that was all that was up with Samba though? Everything I've heard about him points towards him lacking the IQ to function at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    So because hes paid really good money hes not allowed to have a breakdown when his dad dies unexpected at a young age???
                    Did he have a breakdown? He got overweight, that's for sure but didn't hear about a full on breakdown myself.

Let's put it this way. Would you get 5 months off work on full pay if your father died? I know I wouldn't. I'd get a fortnight tops!

Comment

Having your whole family wiped out in a genocide and having your father pass away by natural causes are 2 very different scenarios, aren't they?

Do you think that was all that was up with Samba though? Everything I've heard about him points towards him lacking the IQ to function at this level.
                      I dont even think the 'family wiped out' story is true. Some bloke made it up on loft for words as far as i can see.

And im with you, people die every single day. Losi9mg a parent is so bad, but you do have to carry on through the pain.

Comment

Did he have a breakdown? He got overweight, that's for sure but didn't hear about a full on breakdown myself.

Let's put it this way. Would you get 5 months off work on full pay if your father died? I know I wouldn't. I'd get a fortnight tops!
                        Overweight coz of depression yeah. And no i probably wouldn't, but im also pretty sure itd take me way longer than 5 months to get over it.
                        Yenis in a high profile high pressure job and it'd have been a lose lose he played anyway

Comment

I dont even think the 'family wiped out' story is true. Some bloke made it up on loft for words as far as i can see.

And im with you, people die every single day. Losi9mg a parent is so bad, but you do have to carry on through the pain.
                          Wouldn't be that surprised if it did happen. If his family were still in Mali, there was some really bad stuff happening there a few years back.

As I say though. I personally don't think Samba Dikaite was gonna make it here either way.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            Overweight coz of depression yeah. And no i probably wouldn't, but im also pretty sure itd take me way longer than 5 months to get over it.
                            Yenis in a high profile high pressure job and it'd have been a lose lose he played anyway
                            If your job is to be a professional sportsman then you are duty bound to keep your body to a certain standard. It may be ok for you and me to get out of shape due to personal reasons but for an athlete it isn't.

Probably sounds harsh, and I really do sympaphise, but in the real world you don't get away with letting life events knock you like that. If I turned up unfit to do my job for a period as long as that I'd be sacked without a shadow of a doubt!

Comment

Is that what happened? There was various rumours about his brother or cousin and/or that he was depressed. We were never told the truth. I could never understand how a guy who was so awesome for us on loan then become so rubbish. People will say money etc. but must have been more to it than that. If what you say is true, then that would explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                                Is that what happened? There was various rumours about his brother or cousin and/or that he was depressed. We were never told the truth. I could never understand how a guy who was so awesome for us on loan then become so rubbish. People will say money etc. but must have been more to it than that. If what you say is true, then that would explain it.
                                Thats what was reported on here, but im not so sure if its true anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X