Hall and Luongo in central midfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall and Luongo in central midfield

What are people's thoughts on this combination? We clearly have a few midfield options now.

I don't really have to give a view as see both as the most overrated players at the club by management and fans.

I think Hall is alright, I rate Luongo but he's not been at it recently by the standards he opened the season with. Goss grew into the game so think he and Manning should start the next one as neither did much wrong. Luongo should rotate though for sure, Hall is needed for the formation.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Still got Jordan Cousins to come back aswell.

Comment

Think Freeman has to start (when he's not suspended). I don't mid Hall in that defender/midfield role but not as 1 of 2 central midfielders

Comment

Luongo and hall no way imo. Luongo played bad today, especially with not running at all, there was a few times that he gifted the ball to them simply because they were more determined to get the ball first, even when they were further away and when they had it he made very little effort to close them down. Personally i thought hall had a decent game today, he got himself into good positions outside the box and was around the pitch when we needed him, i'm liking his new role with us and i think he'll only get better as time goes on. There was a few times though when he was a little bit sloppy with his first touch but luckily it didn't cost us.
          Defo wouldn't be filled with excitement if i saw it again, manning is 10x the player luongo is

Comment

Lounge very poor again guy has no engine at all, his touch is ok when he has time but in this division you don't get time , can't see the logic. Of leaving certain players out and playing him league 1 player at best looks very slow and well off the pace even his passing game which he's meant to be known for has gone

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
              Lounge very poor again guy has no engine at all, his touch is ok when he has time but in this division you don't get time , can't see the logic. Of leaving certain players out and playing him league 1 player at best looks very slow and well off the pace even his passing game which he's meant to be known for has gone
              Indeed. Never been better said.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Indeed. Never been better said.
                LOL, it's almost as if autocorrect can read minds
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Hall is good in the CB/CM cross position. Goss will be a player. Our best two atm are Freeman and Manning and we have Ravel and Luongo to throw in the mix as well.

All young lads. Hopefully they grow as a group and we reap the benefits.

Comment

Not sure what Hall has done wrong in that DM/CB role to be honest.

Luongo - confidence is shot to pieces IMO

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      Luongo and hall no way imo. Luongo played bad today,

Now I wasn't there but I've been told by more than one person that he had a couple of really class plays. It seems like we were prepared to give CW the best part of a year to put himself right but we will not extend the same benefit to Mas. Just curious as to why that is.

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Luongo - confidence is shot to pieces IMO
                      Which I suspect is the right answer, ie just the same as Connor.

Give the boy a bit of time.

ps.......He still may not be good enough: Goss / Freeman etc are all there or there abouts. But is in everyones interest to get him back to form, because he aint going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        Now I wasn't there but I've been told by more than one person that he had a couple of really class plays. It seems like we were prepared to give CW the best part of a year to put himself right but we will not extend the same benefit to Mas. Just curious as to why that is.

Which I suspect is the right answer, ie just the same as Connor.

Give the boy a bit of time.

ps.......He still may not be good enough: Goss / Freeman etc are all there or there abouts. But is in everyones interest to get him back to form, because he aint going anywhere.
                        Im a fan of luongo when he plays well, just past few months hes been absolutely awful bar s couple of games. Difference between him and conor is you could see conor was being played in a style that didn't suit him yet still gave it his all.

The only good pass i can recall luongo doing in saturdays game was the pass to perch when we almost scored but apart from that he made a hell of a lot of mistakes and simply didnt try much, if anything he made it easier for cardiff

Comment

Now I wasn't there but I've been told by more than one person that he had a couple of really class plays.
                          and was even better tonight.........

Comment

and was even better tonight.........
                            Impossible, league 1 player at best.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Impossible, league 1 player at best.
                              But he's got a purple card.

Comment

Working...
                              X