Leroy Rosenoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leroy Rosenoir

He was ITV London News yesterday. During the introduction the interviewer mentioned that he even received racist remarks when he was at QPR. I continued listening to the interview assuming they would give examples. No further mention was made during this interview. I found this very poor journalism.

"While he was at QPR, the racial insults from the ranks of his own fans were so hurtful that his parents and sisters stopped attending games"
    Anyone remember this?

Comment

Glad you brought this up. Cos something has been playing on my mind about the Roseniors.
      His son has a championship column in the Sun every saturday, and ive watched it intently and he has not mentioned Rangers once all season, seriously not one mention whatsoever.

Comment

I quite like Leroy. Comes across as a decent chap.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
          "While he was at QPR, the racial insults from the ranks of his own fans were so hurtful that his parents and sisters stopped attending games"
          Anyone remember this?
          No recollection of that whatsoever. Derek Richardson, sadly, got some such stick, but Bob Hazell never did. Nor did Paul Parker. Rosenior was a bit player and wasn't rated by fans. Remember folk groaning when he came on. Some, not rating him, may have then been racist, as happened back then, but they would have been a small minority. People mostly thought he was rubbish.....

Comment

That's very well described 77, it's hard to relate today to how things were done in previous times and to judge by today's standards how we all treated each other in those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Glad you brought this up. Cos something has been playing on my mind about the Roseniors.
              His son has a championship column in the Sun every saturday, and ive watched it intently and he has not mentioned Rangers once all season, seriously not one mention whatsoever.
              I've always noticed that the Evening Standard will cover every London club in a lot more detail than us.

For example, when we played Wigan the other week there was nothing at all in the paper the next day yet there was a bit about Charlton and Millwall after they played the night before.

Comment

I never heard Leroy get any racial abuse but Tony Roberts got plenty Welsh sheep shagger Tec stuff lol
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  I never heard Leroy get any racial abuse but Tony Roberts got plenty Welsh sheep shagger Tec stuff lol
                  Based on how close we are to the pitch you can probably hear individuals saying racist comments even if it was a minority. I have heard a few fans say some pretty nasty things amongst themselves.

Comment

Ian Wright got it as well didnt he. Was with Mitchell Thomas that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      No recollection of that whatsoever. Derek Richardson, sadly, got some such stick, but Bob Hazell never did. Nor did Paul Parker. Rosenior was a bit player and wasn't rated by fans. Remember folk groaning when he came on. Some, not rating him, may have then been racist, as happened back then, but they would have been a small minority. People mostly thought he was rubbish.....
                      Exactly as I saw it, never really felt there was any racial undertone to it but I can only say that from the MU Block in the Upper Loft, i can't speak for other areas of the ground. I liked Leroy and he comes across as a decent fella but he was often compared to a headless chicken whilst playing for us and never hit the heights his original potential said he could possibly do. Derek Richardson had a thankless task replacing Parksy and after a couple of silly errors never really established himself. Do remember a game at White Hart Lane though when DR was superb albeit making saves from his own mistakes at times, think it ended up 1-1.

Comment

Working...
                      X