RIP .Andreas Ioannou. (The Ritz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP .Andreas Ioannou. (The Ritz)

Sad news. Proper Rangers cafe. Been going there near on ever since hes had it till it closed.
    RIP.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/...known-12675124

That is very sad, his wife used to baby sit me frequently when I was a toddler and my grandad left me in there whilst he went to the bookies. Such a lovely family from my memory. So sad when someone who has waited to retire and dies so soon after.

Comment

RIP Andreas

Comment

Sad news, RIP Andreas
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

RIP Andreas

Many years ago I was in there one lunchtime and when my food arrived the ash from the fag he was also holding dropped on to the side of my plate and just casually wiped it off with his apron

A real charactor

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
            RIP Andreas

Many years ago I was in there one lunchtime and when my food arrived the ash from the fag he was also holding dropped on to the side of my plate and just casually wiped it off with his apron

A real charactor
            Ha ha. I was always dubious about the hygene levels in there i must be honest. But for some reason eating your dinner on a table full of someone elses spilt peas and carrots didnt seem to matter back then.

Comment

Would never get away with it these days but what you dont know does not hurt etc

Were the net curtains ever washed during his 30 years?

Comment

My Dad used to deliver his stock to his restaurant , the ritz and the one a few doors down. Remember going too Highbury with him in the cup back in the 90s . The reply my Dad couldn't get tickets but he gone and got 2 tickets without us knowing . Top man RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

Would never get away with it these days but what you dont know does not hurt etc

Were the net curtains ever washed during his 30 years?
                  Never.
                  Even the major refurb was just the outside sign painted, wnet in when it reopened and the tables were still dirty.

Comment

many a time I hit the Ritz after a skinful. It was a decent place in the 70's. Rest in Peace Andreas
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Never.
                      Even the major refurb was just the outside sign painted, wnet in when it reopened and the tables were still dirty.
                      My aunt lives in W12 and ate in there all the time, she and her family all thought they were posh - no joke, anyway about 30 years ago she had her birthday meal there,
                      I went there with my mum & dad and my girlfriend (now the wife) I enjoyed it to be far but my girlfriend thought it was the worst place she'd ever ate in, might of had something to do with the coakcrouch she saw in the toilet, she isn't from suburbia either - willesden RIp

Comment

never ate in the ritz was a cafe rest man , RIP andreas

Comment

My aunt lives in W12 and ate in there all the time, she and her family all thought they were posh - no joke, anyway about 30 years ago she had her birthday meal there,
                          I went there with my mum & dad and my girlfriend (now the wife) I enjoyed it to be far but my girlfriend thought it was the worst place she'd ever ate in, might of had something to do with the cockroach she saw in the toilet, she isn't from suburbia either - willesden RIp[/QUOTE

Was the 1st time I tried the beer Keo from Cyprus in there as well - lovely

Comment

Let's be honest, it was an absolute shite hole.

Comment

Working...
                            X