X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would really hope so mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Surely everyone will give him an ovation Kev?

Apart from Weare
      And Hits

Comment

Huh I rated Warnock but you make up a tabloid to get viewers
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I'll clap Warnock before the game for what he did back in 2010/11 but once that whistle goes he is just another opposition manager.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
            Ollie is returning us to the base elements of what Warnock got going here. It wasn't so much results as it was the club, the team plus a bit of magic and a bit of luck, that produced a really exciting year for everyone involved. We played extremely well, and still won when we didn't. I feel this is where we are headed again.

Like Neil, Ollie i think would struggle to maintain us in the Premier League. Man management and passion can only take you so far. I remember one of Neil's last games in charge, where we lost at home to Man Utd. We looked totally devoid of ideas and talent, no drive, no intent. It had been that way for a while. Didn't want Neil to go, but managers in his mold (and Ollie's) just seem to struggle at that level, and can see why Tony did it.

You have to take both managers with a pinch of salt, both are capable of great performances and have a way with words, i'd have both round for tea and would love to run into either for a pint. Both have faults and neither will win the Premier League.

Anything but the nonsense that was Hughes and Jimmy, bookends at best.

Good luck on Saturday Neil, I hope you get a rousing applause, a cracking game of football, and zero points.
            I don't see Warnock and Ollie as similar managers to be honest. Neither are Premiership managers, that's true, but that's about where the similarities stop. Ollie is much more prone to a controversial tactical ploy that could end in tears, Warnock is far more about doing the simple things correct and grinding out results.

Comment

Both rely heavily on man management skills and playing to the fans tarbs

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I don't see Warnock and Ollie as similar managers to be honest. Neither are Premiership managers, that's true, but that's about where the similarities stop. Ollie is much more prone to a controversial tactical ploy that could end in tears, Warnock is far more about doing the simple things correct and grinding out results.
                Yeah i'd say that's their only difference to be honest. Apart from age. Both man managers, both attacking minded, both suffer from lack of tactical nouse at times. Nel is just as prone as any to playing folk out of position and odd subs. I'd just say Ollie is a bit more complicated in his approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  I assume you are talking about this part Dogs........

Neither of his replacements lasted very long but Warnock told Standard Sport: “QPR gave me probably the best year of my life when we got promoted in 2012 and gave me my desire for the game back in 2015. I was initially only going to be there for a few weeks in 2015 but I managed to turn it around and I got that buzz again.

“With a bit of persuasion, I would have stayed there. But after we won at Reading, [director of football] Les Ferdinand came into the dressing room and told me that they were appointing Jimmy the next day. It was a bolt out of the blue and I was a bit disappointed but I enjoyed that time so much and I took another job at Rotherham.”

Not the most damning excerpt. Admitted the plan was only to be for a few weeks and that he would've needed a bit of persuasion. If it was agreed he was there for a few weeks and Les spent that time looking for a new manager and then found one just as Warnock was getting the taste for more then thats hardly Les' fault. He can only work with the remit in front of him
                  Les didnt have to go ahead with appointing JFH though, did he?

I think the 'persuasion' would have been very straight forward and JFH would have been happy to stay on at Burton. I also think that QPR would have gone on to get a place in the play offs, if not better with Warnock at the helm last season.

Now we can watch Warnock's Cardiff side beat QPR on Saturday and they will make a late push for this season's play offs and push on next season.

Comment

agreed and also Warnock has a better promotion winning record.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Les didnt have to go ahead with appointing JFH though, did he?

I think the 'persuasion' would have been very straight forward and JFH would have been happy to stay on at Burton. I also think that QPR would have gone on to get a place in the play offs, if not better with Warnock at the helm last season.

Now we can watch Warnock's Cardiff side beat QPR on Saturday and they will make a late push for this season's play offs and push on next season.

Lol sounds like youll be disappointed if we beat them on saturday scuppering cardiffs late promotion push arent cardiff 5 points or something above us!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Lol sounds like youll be disappointed if we beat them on saturday scuppering cardiffs late promotion push arent cardiff 5 points or something above us!
                        6 points ahead of us at the moment but on the form tables only Huddersfield and Newcastle are performing better. They've picked up 19 points in the last 10 matches. They'll be close to the play-offs if they keep that form up I'm pretty sure!

Comment

6 points ahead of us at the moment but on the form tables only Huddersfield and Newcastle are performing better. They've picked up 19 points in the last 10 matches. They'll be close to the play-offs if they keep that form up I'm pretty sure!
                          We have 17 from 10 so not far behind.

Comment

Read an article in the paper that the Cardiff owners are looking to sell the club. This could impact on their position. Unlikely they will make the play-offs. Not sure why anybody wants us not to beat them tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              agreed and also Warnock has a better promotion winning record.
                              Not in the 2nd tier - Warnock and Holloway have both had 2 promotions to the PL

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                Read an article in the paper that the Cardiff owners are looking to sell the club. This could impact on their position. Unlikely they will make the play-offs. Not sure why anybody wants us not to beat them tomorrow.
                                Come on name names J who does not want us to beat them ??????

Comment

Working...
                                X