Good Warnock item in the standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Warnock item in the standard

I'm not up to pasting or whatever but if somebody can worth reading strengthens my feelings who is the fly in the ointment

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3477581.html

Comment

:QUOTE=Lunar Jetman;1614337]http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3477581.html[/QUOTE]

as it that simple LJ

Comment

I assume you are talking about this part Dogs........

Neither of his replacements lasted very long but Warnock told Standard Sport: “QPR gave me probably the best year of my life when we got promoted in 2012 and gave me my desire for the game back in 2015. I was initially only going to be there for a few weeks in 2015 but I managed to turn it around and I got that buzz again.

“With a bit of persuasion, I would have stayed there. But after we won at Reading, [director of football] Les Ferdinand came into the dressing room and told me that they were appointing Jimmy the next day. It was a bolt out of the blue and I was a bit disappointed but I enjoyed that time so much and I took another job at Rotherham.”

Not the most damning excerpt. Admitted the plan was only to be for a few weeks and that he would've needed a bit of persuasion. If it was agreed he was there for a few weeks and Les spent that time looking for a new manager and then found one just as Warnock was getting the taste for more then thats hardly Les' fault. He can only work with the remit in front of him

Comment

His job to look at the team organisation and results what would you have done in his situation spoken to Warnock about his plans ???? If I was dof I know what I would have done !
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 28-02-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I really hope for three Points against Cardiff, I really do. I didn`t like this article at all...
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I do like Neil my favourite Rangers manager ever loved a story though before a game very smart operator

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                I really hope for three Points against Cardiff, I really do. I didn`t like this article at all...
                Would you begrudge Warnock 3 points then ? We ain't going nowhere are we ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  Yes of course we play to win why else bother

Comment

Yes we want to win all matches no matter who the opposition is.

Comment

With a bit of persuasion, I would have stayed there.
                      We were looking for a new manager, surely if he really wanted it he would have let his feelings be known.....

This suggests he wasn't clear that he wanted the job so either said he didn't want it or didn't give the impression that he did...

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        It was ok. Typical Warnock tbh.
                        I liked the fact he said it was the best year of his life getting us promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                          We were looking for a new manager, surely if he really wanted it he would have let his feelings be known.....

This suggests he wasn't clear that he wanted the job so either said he didn't want it or didn't give the impression that he did...
                          Exactly game player but on this occasion lost. Morale to story if you change your mind and want the job tell the owners

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Yes of course we play to win why else bother
                            Yeah of course we should play to win but that's not what I asked her Westy but if we don't I won't be as disappointed as I was losing to Preston

Comment

Yeah of course we should play to win but that's not what I asked her Westy but if we don't I won't be as disappointed as I was losing to Preston
                              I think I will despite Warnock.
                              Cardiff are playing well but we should be more likely to win at home to them than away to Preston imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X