Rodney Marsh ??? re celebrations of 67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodney Marsh ??? re celebrations of 67

With all the celebrations going on this weekend with regard to the league cup Marsh doesn't seemed to be mentioned anywhere on the web sites about him being invited or showing up, for a player who was so instrumental to the team at this time seems a bit odd???

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    With all the celebrations going on this weekend with regard to the league cup Marsh doesn't seemed to be mentioned anywhere on the web sites about him being invited or showing up, for a player who was so instrumental to the team at this time seems a bit odd???
    The offie does mention him and others saying they cannot make it.

Comment

*Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, Les Allen, Keith Sanderson, Ron Hunt, Rodney Marsh and Ian Watson are unable to attend this weekend's fixture at Loftus Road.
      Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...Buo1cFzlMSB.99

Comment

Once Rodney left for Man City his relationship with the club and the fan base rapidly deteriorated due in no small way to his comments remarks and behaviour since then. A great player but a difficult person to like.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
          Once Rodney left for Man City his relationship with the club and the fan base rapidly deteriorated due in no small way to his comments remarks and behaviour since then. A great player but a difficult person to like.
          Still top man with me. Calls a spade a spade.

Comment

Shame about Les Allen. He bought that first bit of class to the club which was very instumental in what followed.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              Shame about Les Allen. He bought that first bit of class to the club which was very instumental in what followed.
              Real shame, particularly with the Allen Family Dynasty that followed him here afterwards too, Clive, Martin and Bradley.

Comment

I assume a few on here were at the night over a pub when they did the live podcast a few years ago.
                He seemed to very much still care about the club then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Real shame, particularly with the Allen Family Dynasty that followed him here afterwards too, Clive, Martin and Bradley.
                  Clive is a spurs legend, Martin prefers Brentford over us.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    I assume a few on here were at the night over a pub when they did the live podcast a few years ago.
                    He seemed to very much still care about the club then.
                    I'm glad to hear about that.
                    I still love the player, see my avatar, arguably our greatest ever, plenty of room for debate there I know.

Comment

I'm glad to hear about that.
                      I still love the player, see my avatar, arguably our greatest ever, plenty of room for debate there I know.
                      Yes, it was good. I was there with my best mate who had bid and won (whilst under the influence!) for an afternoon out with Marsh a few years previously (when he was doing some PR for Fulham)
                      When we went up to him after the podcast had ended he recognised my mate straight away and we had a good chat. Ironically that was the night that Liverpool threw away the three nil lead at Palace thereby practically gifting the title to City. He was quite pleased about that result as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                        Any news on the PL striker ?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Yes, it was good. I was there with my best mate who had bid and won (whilst under the influence!) for an afternoon out with Marsh a few years previously (when he was doing some PR for Fulham)
                          When we went up to him after the podcast had ended he recognised my mate straight away and we had a good chat. Ironically that was the night that Liverpool threw away the three nil lead at Palace thereby practically gifting the title to City. He was quite pleased about that result as well.
                          Thanks for that CCJ, good to hear something positive about him

Comment

Nothing wrong with Rodney.
                            Outspoken but proper Rangers.
                            I reckon he even shouts 'Come on my team!' when he watches us.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                              And ? Clive still scored shed loads of goals for us and came through the ranks at the Rs scoring the goals that took us to our only FA cup final !

Comment

Working...
                              X