Clear All

• QPR full back urges club to tie down Mackie to new deal

QPR full back urges club to tie down fans' favourite to new deal
    Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-club-12661356

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    QPR full back urges club to tie down fans' favourite to new deal
    Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-club-12661356
    I read this the other day.

I'm on the fence about Jamie Mackie. Proper R's through and through and his attitude is excellent but he's not as good as he once was and carrying a lot of wear and tear. Tough one isn't it? Would understand it if he was allowed to run his contract down. But then again, how much did we regret letting Clint and Ale go first half of this season?!!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 28-02-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Sign him up and bring back Clint as coach.

Comment

Keep for sure. Top lad who pushes the players on and off the field. He wont be a regular but if he's happy to be a bit part player, perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          Keep for sure. Top lad who pushes the players on and off the field. He wont be a regular but if he's happy to be a bit part player, perfect

Comment

Good squad player at this level and keeps the dressing room in check. Worth another year

Comment

On the fence.

Comment

While limited in ability himself there can be no doubt he has a positive influence on the younger players in the squad. He's been great for us since Ollie came in and I'd like to see that continue, maybe on a 1-year deal.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Great player to have around the place to get new players to understand what it means to play for QPR. Decent player at this level as well for appearances here and there.

Give him another year - simple.

Comment

Worth a 2 year extension I think. Don't think he would accept less.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                      Worth a 2 year extension I think. Don't think he would accept less.
                      I do Brian. He's hardly going to be swamped with offers and he likes to profess his love for the club fairly regularly. Plus with his injuries 2 years may be risky

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        I do Brian. He's hardly going to be swamped with offers and he likes to profess his love for the club fairly regularly. Plus with his injuries 2 years may be risky
                        Definitely risky Hove but I just think at 31 he will be looking for a bit more security and could get a longer deal elsewhere despite recent injuries.

Comment

As soon as he started playing again our form began to improve. No brainer really.
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Anyone with doubts, check out this recent Clive Whittingham interview with him: https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-m...season#t=16:23

Good listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                              Definitely risky Hove but I just think at 31 he will be looking for a bit more security and could get a longer deal elsewhere despite recent injuries.
                              I think it is unlikely he will find another championship club which is interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X