Hollo fans please explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    Straight question then Pinkie - wouldn't you rather hear your manager say 'I told my lads to go for it for the last fifteen, may as well lose 3-1 as 2-1 and we might just get the point we deserved after the dodgy sending off'.

So next game then, 2-1 down with fifteen to go we 'consolidate the loss' rather than go for a point do we?

I am trying really hard to be won over but his comment was plain ridiculous.
    Why does going for it necessarily lead to getting a point. Getting a goal on the break would appear to me a better option.

Comment

I would imagine Holloway wanted us to keep a decent defensive shape to soak up the advantage they had of an extra man and attack on the counter rather than leave ourselves wide open.

Comment

Straight question then Pinkie - wouldn't you rather hear your manager say 'I told my lads to go for it for the last fifteen, may as well lose 3-1 as 2-1 and we might just get the point we deserved after the dodgy sending off'.

So next game then, 2-1 down with fifteen to go we 'consolidate the loss' rather than go for a point do we?

I am trying really hard to be won over but his comment was plain ridiculous.

Whats more plain ridiculas is you nit piicking over a comment that means nothing really alan, ollies an attacking minded manager so think youre reading it completely wrong, hes just on about keeping shape etc....obviously hes wanting the lads to attack to get the equaliser, but just doing it with abit more thought! in my opinion anyway alan! there is no way on this planet ollie would of just been satisfied with sitting back and sticking to the defeat!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I would imagine Holloway wanted us to keep a decent defensive shape to soak up the advantage they had of an extra man and attack on the counter rather than leave ourselves wide open.

Exactly mush, discipline and keeping shapes what he meant!

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            Why does going for it necessarily lead to getting a point. Getting a goal on the break would appear to me a better option.
            Splitting hairs.

Comment

Lol i agree alan you are

Can i just apologise alan for my opinion as hal thinks its trolling btw lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Exactly mush, discipline and keeping shapes what he meant!
                And lose. At least TRY something that might lead to a point.

Comment

Holloway has been reported as saying that he had a go at the players for "going gung-ho with 15 to go at 2-1 down because we could have been murdered." 2-1 is no points. 3-1 is no points. 5-1 is no points. 2-2 is a point. So you try to get an equaliser and then close up again...no? What's he on about, 'cos it's stupid comments like this that do him no favours?
                  This thread appears to be about something which has been reported. Where? I have looked through all his comments on the match (on the offy etc.) and I can't find where he said this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Lol i agree alan you are

Can i just apologise alan for my opinion as hal thinks its trolling btw lol
                    I notice you haven't answered my question Pinkie. How many times have you seen teams set about us in the last ten minutes with no regard for shape or a game plan - and score late?

Comment

Splitting hairs.
                      ???

Comment

If that's his thinking then he really is crazy. Goal difference is a bonus - or not. You play for points unless it's the last day and the calculators are out.
                        Not just this - a heavy defeat would have big negative impact on confidence.

Comment

???
                          Sorry, not a good choice of phrase - yes, fine to try and score on the break but keeping your shape with ten when it hadn't been a winning formation on the day with eleven......then try something different for fifteen minutes. Don't criticise the players for stepping it up and calling it 'gung-ho'. Wouldn't motivate me to knock my nuts out.

Comment

Sorry, not a good choice of phrase - yes, fine to try and score on the break but keeping your shape with ten when it hadn't been a winning formation on the day with eleven......then try something different for fifteen minutes. Don't criticise the players for stepping it up and calling it 'gung-ho'. Wouldn't motivate me to knock my nuts out.
                            It hadnt been a winning formation with the eleven! what time was freeman sent off alan? youre right about splitting hairs

Comment

i can't see what the problem is. 15 minutes to go, plus added time means there's almost a quarter of the match left.
                              You'd be stupid to go gung ho at that point. At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, you could nick a draw at 2-1. You're out of the game at 3-1.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

This thread appears to be about something which has been reported. Where? I have looked through all his comments on the match (on the offy etc.) and I can't find where he said this.
                                Maybe it was one of the voices in Alanwycombe's head?

Comment

Working...
                                X