Hollo fans please explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollo fans please explain

Holloway has been reported as saying that he had a go at the players for "going gung-ho with 15 to go at 2-1 down because we could have been murdered." 2-1 is no points. 3-1 is no points. 5-1 is no points. 2-2 is a point. So you try to get an equaliser and then close up again...no? What's he on about, 'cos it's stupid comments like this that do him no favours?

On this occasion I do blame Holloway for the defeat and am still puzzled in his substitutions

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      On this occasion I do blame Holloway for the defeat and am still puzzled in his substitutions
      His time in charge has certainly been mixed. From half decent performances to total #### ups. Substitutions at times are totally puzzling. Bit like his last time.

Comment

If he thinks that gung-ho is more likely to result in a bigger defeat than an extra point he may prefer to preserve the goal difference as that can be worth an extra point in any case.

Comment

Perhaps he thought we had a better chance of scoring on the break.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            Holloway has been reported as saying that he had a go at the players for "going gung-ho with 15 to go at 2-1 down because we could have been murdered." 2-1 is no points. 3-1 is no points. 5-1 is no points. 2-2 is a point. So you try to get an equaliser and then close up again...no? What's he on about, 'cos it's stupid comments like this that do him no favours?
            Alan are you just being lazy or just disrespectful to ollie by saying hollo?! & talk about just trying to have a dig over a nothing comment, its quite obvious hes just saying to not be so gung ho obviously, so not to concede another too soon, he hardly would of been happy to keep it at 2-1 so a daft comment tbh mate! olie likes attacking compared to that absolute tool jimmy!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

We were down to 10 men but i wondered how long it would be quiet on here, all the ollie outers have been itching lol

Comment

So its ollie out this week then?

Comment

Fingers have been hovering over the keyboard until now

Comment

Not sure anyone likes losing by 4 or 5...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      all the ollie outers
                      We all know you love your trolling, maybe too much time on your hands, but no one is suggesting he should be sacked.

If you knew your football you would be aware that Olly has a long history of throwing in inexplicable tactical stratagems on and off the park along with the good stuff.

Accepting that might give you a more balanced view of his abilities.
                      Last edited by hal9thou; 27-02-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Lol you are a patroniser hal and whos trolling? i cant believe that what ollies said theres getting nit picked tbh, its quite obvious what hes meant by it, it doesnt take a great deal of intelligence to work it out! unless you think he was just happy for the lads to not try to get the equaliser and stick for the 2-1 loss lol

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post
                          If he thinks that gung-ho is more likely to result in a bigger defeat than an extra point he may prefer to preserve the goal difference as that can be worth an extra point in any case.
                          If that's his thinking then he really is crazy. Goal difference is a bonus - or not. You play for points unless it's the last day and the calculators are out.

Comment

Lol you are a patroniser hal and whos trolling? i cant believe that what ollies said theres getting nit picked tbh, its quite obvious what hes meant by it, it doesnt take a great deal of intelligence to work it out! unless you think he was just happy for the lads to not try to get the equaliser and stick for the 2-1 loss lol
                            Straight question then Pinkie - wouldn't you rather hear your manager say 'I told my lads to go for it for the last fifteen, may as well lose 3-1 as 2-1 and we might just get the point we deserved after the dodgy sending off'.

So next game then, 2-1 down with fifteen to go we 'consolidate the loss' rather than go for a point do we?

I am trying really hard to be won over but his comment was plain ridiculous.

Comment

Alan are you just being lazy or just disrespectful to ollie by saying hollo?! & talk about just trying to have a dig over a nothing comment, its quite obvious hes just saying to not be so gung ho obviously, so not to concede another too soon, he hardly would of been happy to keep it at 2-1 so a daft comment tbh mate! olie likes attacking compared to that absolute tool jimmy!
                              No, wrong. When I watched him play he was Hollo - in fact it was 'eadless and Mavis, so if I wanted to be disrespectful I'd be saying 'eadless. As I have said to you so many times now I'm not a 'Holloway out' but my question posted is perfectly reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                              X