Matt Smith centre half?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Could not help it. Defending Set piece is touch different to having a primary role of playing CB for 90mins as is being suggested and supported by some

He would be awful CB in my opinion
    Second that!

Comment

Could not help it. Defending Set piece is touch different to having a primary role of playing CB for 90mins as is being suggested and supported by some

He would be awful CB in my opinion

Depends on how clicked on in his brain he is, id say he would be good as shown when he gets back, but obviously marking and positional sense come into it!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Second that!
        Im afraid neither of you and me know so is irrelevant really wether he would or not!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Im afraid neither of you and me know so is irrelevant really wether he would or not!
          I've got a fair idea mate, I've watched him play. He doesn't tackle and probably his biggest weakness is his lack of agility. I'd go as far to say that he'd get turned inside out if somebody like Nakhi Wells ran at him full tilt!

Comment

Hed be as effective at cb as his doctor who namesake

Comment

I've got a fair idea mate, I've watched him play. He doesn't tackle and probably his biggest weakness is his lack of agility. I'd go as far to say that he'd get turned inside out if somebody like Nakhi Wells ran at him full tilt!
              Tarbs it's baffling mate. Guy looks uncomfortable moving playing up top but because he's big and can head the ball he could be option for CB forget all the movement, running and agility as you say that goes with the role. Let's play him in goal he has big hands

Comment

Pretty much the last thing I'd like to see.

One of my pet hates about Holloway is the way he always likes to try playing players out of the normal positions. Occasionally it works (Grant Hall in midfield away from home for example). More often than not is doesn't (Georges Santos in midfield/up front, Steve Palmer in midfield, James Perch in midfield etc.). But I don't even think Holloway would be mad enough to try playing Smith at centre half at this level!
                He's looking for the best line-up with the players he's got. I'm happy he's looking at all options.

Comment

Tarbs it's baffling mate. Guy looks uncomfortable moving playing up top but because he's big and can head the ball he could be option for CB forget all the movement, running and agility as you say that goes with the role. Let's play him in goal he has big hands
                  What's baffling about it Pinkie?

The bloke is a target man, centre forward. He's on the pitch to be awkward, give defenders something to worry about, get his head on stuff for the likes of Washington, Freeman and Pawel to run onto and to score goals from crosses and set pieces...........And he's doing all of that to a very high standard in my opinion.

What's baffling is why anyone would want him playing anywhere but centre forward!

Comment

I think we should test Smith in goal once we reach our points safety zone.
                    Be nice to give Smithies a rest and an early holiday for being so outstanding

Comment

Lol almost as daft as suggesting running as a cb from the half way line

Comment

The bloke is a target man, centre forward. He's on the pitch to be awkward, give defenders something to worry about, get his head on stuff for the likes of Washington, Freeman and Pawel to run onto and to score goals from crosses and set pieces...........And he's doing all of that to a very high standard in my opinion.

What's baffling is why anyone would want him playing anywhere but centre forward!
                        Just realised I'd totally misread that response. Sorry Pinkie and Wests.

Comment

Lol almost as daft as suggesting running as a cb from the half way line
                          Alas cause it never happens does it pinks????

Comment

A center back is a specialized job. As is a Strikers.

Comment

Firstly what are you and westy waffling on about as smith as a option for cb??!! All ive said is no doubt he could make a good one as it suits some centre forwards! He is not an option as far as im concerned so you two girls stop making things up lol

Comment

Firstly what are you and westy waffling on about as smith as a option for cb??!! All ive said is no doubt he could make a good one as it suits some centre forwards! He is not an option as far as im concerned so you two girls stop making things up lol
                                Bet you wouldn't call me a girl to my face pal.

All for a debate mate but don't start throwing insults about.

Comment

Working...
                                X