Matt Smith centre half?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Smith very had a useful game yesterday. One thing though, he dutifully trotted back to mark one of their big lumps when we were defending set pieces and he was rock solid. He got his head on virtually all their corners and free kicks he defended and made good clearances..... He was very dominant.
    Alright, I know he's handy up front but based on yesterday's cameo at the back I reckon he could be a very impressive centre back who could still go forward for our set pieces and/or be thrown up front when we were chasing a game. It sort of needs as must and I reckon we need an imposing, reliable and physically dominating centre half. If that CB can play a bit or knows where the net is, well, that's even better isn't it?

Most strikers can play centre back if theyve abit of height on them and can head a ball tbh abs! but better having him cause problems upfront if we get the goals from that!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Pretty much the last thing I'd like to see.

One of my pet hates about Holloway is the way he always likes to try playing players out of the normal positions. Occasionally it works (Grant Hall in midfield away from home for example). More often than not is doesn't (Georges Santos in midfield/up front, Steve Palmer in midfield, James Perch in midfield etc.). But I don't even think Holloway would be mad enough to try playing Smith at centre half at this level!

James perch worked in halls replacement though! nothing wrong with a progressive manager, beats jimmy hands down! he`d never change anything, even his system which wasnt working!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Heading ball with your head from a corner is one thing chasing down a CF from the half way line when you have no pace is something totally different. Do you think he would be any better on the ball then Ned??? Good point on Lynch he seems like streaky player great for four games average for two then but if Smith at CB is the answer I dread to think what question is at the club

Apart from our corners a central defender shouldnt be chasing a striker from there tbh smith would make a good central defender in my opinion, but we need him up the other end!

Comment

It seems we have possibly got our midfield and attack sorted. However there are problems with the defence which nobody has really mentioned until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            James perch worked in halls replacement though! nothing wrong with a progressive manager, beats jimmy hands down! he`d never change anything, even his system which wasnt working!
            Not everything is an Ollie vs JFH argument you know mate?!

Comment

Nedum has always been sh it mel, but bizzarely he goes under the radar and you are a fool to even question our captain marvel
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

May as well sign Usain Bolt and put him on the wing

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  May as well sign Usain Bolt and put him on the wing
                  We have it's called I've only got pace nedum
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.
                    Indeed. And Big Samba always fancied himself as a 9. Just a shame that he was prone to downing tools on a regular basis at LR.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Nedum has always been sh it mel, but bizzarely he goes under the radar and you are a fool to even question our captain marvel
                      How long does he have left on his contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Not everything is an Ollie vs JFH argument you know mate?!
                        Could say the same that not every argument is a pet hate of ollie tarbs lol

Comment

Liverpool played Caulker as a striker in his few minutes he played for them on loan!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Apart from our corners a central defender shouldnt be chasing a striker from there tbh smith would make a good central defender in my opinion, but we need him up the other end!
                            Are you seriously saying you would be happy enough if we lined up with Smith at CB if he was not needed up front??

If he played CB next season would that be decent foundation to build promotion push on

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Are you seriously saying you would be happy enough if we lined up with Smith at CB if he was not needed up front??

If he played CB next season would that be decent foundation to build promotion push on
                              No im not saying that at all west, dont think youve read what else i put about strikers who are good at heading would make good central defenders, goes without saying really! ofcourse im not saying id want smith in defence! just knew youd be quoting me when i saw you had posted!

Comment

Could not help it. Defending Set piece is touch different to having a primary role of playing CB for 90mins as is being suggested and supported by some

He would be awful CB in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X