All White Vs Cardiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Members of 1967 Cup-winning side to return to Loftus Road ...

Saturday marks 50 years since QPR's 1967 League Cup Final win
    Members of Cup-winning side will be back at Loftus Road as QPR play host to Cardiff City
    QPR to wear commemorative all-white kit as part of celebrations
    QPR will welcome back the stars of our 1967 League Cup winning side on Saturday when we host Cardiff City, 50 years to the day that we beat West Bromwich Albion at Wembley.

Ian and Roger Morgan, Mark Lazarus, Tony Hazell and Frank Sibley will all be in attendance, while family members of Peter Springett, Jim Langley and Mike Keen - who are sadly no longer with us - will also be present as guests of the club.

Jim Gregory (then chairman) and Alec Stock (then manager) will also be honoured as part of our celebrations of that historic achievement when the third division R’s came back from 2-0 down to beat the top-flight Baggies 3-2.

The QPR team will be wearing a special limited-edition commemorative kit for the game against the Bluebirds.

The kit will be worn for the one and only time on Saturday. Honouring the all-white strip of 1967, the kit also gives a nod to the iconic R's Hoops. Included within the thick Hoops are the names of the players, manager and chairman from QPR’s class of ‘67, as well as the date and score of the final itself.

The Morgan twins, Lazarus, Hazell and Sibley will be introduced to the Loftus Road crowd at half-time, together with the families of those individuals no longer with us.

As part of our celebrations, Sibley will also be inducted into The Forever R’s Club, while Stock and Langley will be posthumously inducted.

Gregory will be acknowledged for his incredible work as chairman of the club spanning more than two decades with a ‘Special Recognition’ award.

Tributes will also be paid to Gregory, Stock, Springett, Langley and Keen.

QPR’s Club Ambassador Andy Sinton told www.qpr.co.uk: “The 1967 League Cup win is one of the most historic moments in our club’s history, and it is only right that we do all we can to honour the achievement on the 50th anniversary.

“These players have put their mark on the club, and I am sure the QPR fans will welcome the opportunity to show the players, and the families of the players no longer with us, just how much they are appreciated and respected.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...LMDeESJ965Z.99
    Strange I've looked the official web site and what's been said there seem to be no mention of Rodney Marsh being invited to these celebrations anywhere, have Rodney and the club had a fall out seems strange that thee player most instrumental for our success then seem to be missing from all the celebrations

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      Strange I've looked the official web site and what's been said there seem to be no mention of Rodney Marsh being invited to these celebrations anywhere, have Rodney and the club had a fall out seems strange that thee player most instrumental for our success then seem to be missing from all the celebrations
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...brations-of-67
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...Buo1cFzlMSB.99

Comment

Just thought...Would have been cool if they had used the "Hammersmith" badge. I do like it, but not sure if I'll fork out for it. Will see on the day...

Comment

If you are a propper shirter its a must imho.
            Would deffo get you props whenever and wherever you rocked it.

Comment

The last time QPR wore an all white kit against Cardiff, they lost 1-0. Perhaps it is not such a good idea to try this again.

Comment

Working...
              X