No announcement yet.

Would You Settle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eventually I would like us to be in the premiership. However I only want this to happen if we have a chance of staying there. I think a new training ground and stadium should be a priority right now,

Comment

No one just "settles" to be a top club constantly fighting for promotion (and failing). You'll get a lot of heartbreak and eventually all your top players will leave, your owner will sell up and you'll slide slowly down the table.

In recent times Wolves, Forest and Wigan were all constantly up there challenging. Now they are below us!

Comment

I think that if we get to a top 5 team with a new stadium and training ground we are making great progress.

After such a shambles last 5 years. We need to become respected again by other clubs.

I would be happy with the above for a few seasons then push on to Prem just adding 5 good players max .

Comment

Think that op is more than a bit harsh in that period we was everybody's favourite 2nd team playing some of the best football in the country , think the 20 years about right

Comment

Wouldn't mind that at all. Not sure about Norwich and Derby, but Brighton have been getting better every year and once they're in the Prem they'll stay there imo. They play excellent football and have done for a good few years
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

World domination or at least 4 th round of fa cup
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                World domination or at least 4 th round of fa cup
                Thats a shout
                Baby steps and all that.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Would like to win a cup.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Would like to win a cup.
                    Plenty of beauty pageants out there miss
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

We still got to sort out our defence before we can dream of ever being more than a mid championship side. Total lack of organisation.
                      Hall is not a defensive midfielder,his passing is to bad.Lands up as third centre back. Nobody knows who's marking who with three centre backs.
                      Nervous Ned just does not do a captains job.

Comment

I'd settle for a decent, football playing Championship side that can challenge the top 6, if not remain top 10.

End of the day, go and have a few beers, have a laugh with mates and watch a decent side play decent football....simple.

Couldn't give a monkeys about the PL and the fans who don't know anything about football outside of those top 6 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                          Plenty of beauty pageants out there miss
                          Would like Rangers to win FA or League Cup. No chance for me and not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            I'd rather be a top 4 team in the top division tbh.
                            But I'd settle for us being known as a good attacking side, the sort of team other teams hate to play against.
                            This but Leicester aside there isn't much chance of upsetting the top six for the foreseeable future. I'd be happy to yo-yo and be financially sound. TF will leave one day. People debate who we should be like but never mention Burnley. I think they are a realistic comparison if a bit uninspiring on the field.

Comment

As humans and not just football fans, we will always crave what we cant have.

People want us to be a Derby or a Norwich, always challenging

Derby and Norwich fans want to be a Stoke ie an established mid table Prem side

Stoke fans want to be a Spurs, able to break into the top 4 and challenge.

On the flip side, no one ever thinks "what if we become a Coventry" - former PL side, now bottom of L1.

Basically in football, there is no such thing as "settling" ie staying the same. We must always move forward and aim for the next level. And despite everything thats happened in recent times, I think we're finally on the right track

Comment

I think it is time the premier league was changed. There is such a difference between the top teams and the rest. For instance Chelsea v. Swansea, Swansea played well (and perhaps deserved a better result) but from the beginning of the match it really looked like there would be only one winner. This is not terribly interesting watching. Perhaps it is time to reconsider a European League where the top teams in Europe play every week. The premiership could then be made up of the next lot of teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X