On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

3 very welcome points, a disjointed performance with good, bad and indifferent.
    Thought Lua Lua turned the game for us as Wigan could not get near him, Manning and Freeman never gave up but not much worked out for them, Washington had a good game and his substitution was a little odd, maybe took a knock.

Smithies pulled out a couple of excellant saves as usual, I think conditions today played a part in some poor passing as it was a strong swirling wind.

Bidwell was shocking and the defense need to stop hoofing the ball wildly all over the pitch.

Good 4 days, 6 points that will do me.

Thanks for the report again look forward to reading it when I can't get to the games always balanced

Comment

Felt a bit for Manning , similar to Newcastle away the harder he tried the more he gave the ball away.

Comment

Accurate report especially on bidwell, i only counted one successful tackle from him the whole game, not even joking. But hey, every player has bad days and hes put in some solid performances lately.

Lualua was cracking though defo my motm, tore wigan to shreads

Comment

Lua lua was superb, baffles me how he doesn't start, although Preston away might not be a good idea for him given how shakey Bidwell has looked recently!

Comment

Yes, rotten journey tonight, mods please remove double post

Comment

I put a fiver on Wigan to win. I knew if I back Rangers Were lose.. happy to stay at home and lose a jacks for a win. UP THE HOOPS!!
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Harsh on Bidwell imo. Didn't have his best game but didn't think he was awful by any stretch

Comment

With Smith playing, that's why the long ball? He's winning most.

Comment

Bidwell was not awful. Ned and Lynch were very solid. We lack physicality in midfield but much improved from luongo. Agree that lua lua changed game....annoying that he's a loan player as he looked out best and most skillful player. We only looked like we'd concede on the break....and we did once but could have been twice.

Comment

I couldn't see them scoring second half but I daren't say it in case. Thought we looked quite comfortable once we got ahead again. Vital win that.

Comment

Bidwell was average. He wasnt great but wasnt poor. Furlong needs to stop getting dragged inside so easily.

Manning was great in the first half but they got tighter to him in the second. Between myself, my bro and cousin we had three different man of the match. I said Lua Lua. Brother said Smithies and cousin said Freeman.

As for the wild hoofing; that is natural (and annoying) when playing with a lump up top who is great at winning headers and knock downs.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Bidwell was not awful. Ned and Lynch were very solid. We lack physicality in midfield but much improved from luongo. Agree that lua lua changed game....annoying that he's a loan player as he looked out best and most skillful player. We only looked like we'd concede on the break....and we did once but could have been twice.
                          Luongo wasn't playing mate ,,,,,

Agree with some about bidwell ,,, thought he was poor and tbh imo I don't overly rate him full stop

Comment

I think he means it is much improved from playing Luongo, not that Luongo played better.

Comment

Working...
                            X