No announcement yet.

Humble Pie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst I'm ecstatic that Connor has hit some fine form, I'll wait to see if it lasts before I start telling people to eat some pie.

Remember when Polter went of his short goal scoring run?
    Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      No prizes for stating the bleeding obvious mate.
      Yep. Guess that particular pie has to be shared out amongst many...... Not everyone, mind

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        Its great hes doing well and credit to the club for ignoring fans rage at his inconsistent performances. Thought he was capable of 15+ a season in the championship but never knew itd be possible with us! Hes looking a right tidy player for us now and christ, confidence player couldnt be more accurate for him!!

On the topic of nasser i think hed be the first in line to eat humble pie, a whole bloody pie to himself. To be fair to nass though he never said he didnt want conor to do well, quite the opposite really, he just said he didnt think conor had it in him to do well in a way more constructive way than most of conors slaters

And the comment near the end being very 2hes a winger thats it!" comment that did it for me, asin everyone who said he could be goods talking rubbish!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I'll take a slice of that pie. He was definitely shite for the first year he was with us, but his form since Ollie came in has been sensational. I'm guilty of wanting him out, I happily take that back.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            And the comment near the end being very 2hes a winger thats it!" comment that did it for me, asin everyone who said he could be goods talking rubbish!
            I can see nass' point on him as a winger though as he put in a couple of good performances on the wing for us before ollie came in. So glad ollies got the best out of him though, it makes me even more happy to think that conor doesnt look as good as he could become in time!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Might have to consume myself a slice given Washington's recent performances . Even goals aside (great finish tonight) , his all round game had improved hugely. Done superbly for Smith's goal. The pair look to have struck up a very decent partnership . Long may it continue!
              Same Matty but I'm gonna blame JFH for his awful set ups. Also I didn't think Ollie could turn us around and he has done IMO.

Comment

Come on Nas, admit you were wrong :-)

No humble pie for you Matty, a solid poster.

Comment

No pie for me please ,,,always knew there was a player in there ,,,have to say well done to Ollie for bringing that player out

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    Save a big slice for Nasser
                    2slices for Nasser 1 for Washington and 1 for the best whatever he feels at the time defensive, attacking, holding midfielder un the league Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Come on Nas, admit you were wrong :-)

No humble pie for you Matty, a solid poster.
                      He has commented in the Washington thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Strange that JFH didn`t play him alongside Polter more regularly.
                        Polter wasn't good enough, smith not really my type of player but far more effective than polter will ever be

Comment

Washington hasn't 'come good'; he was previously prevented from being good. That horrible clown Jimmy played him out of position and in the wrong set up. That was obvious. Even to a fule like me. And some wanted to keep Jimmy, bin Washington and continue to endlessly play that Australian shaped hole of ineffectiveness in midfield? Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            Polter wasn't good enough, smith not really my type of player but far more effective than polter will ever be
                            I think you are spot on with your assessment, Polter was not that good in the air. I mean you are spot on
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Have always backed Washington to come good if played to his strengths.

Comment

I'm very happy he's found the back of the net. work rate has always been there. The big lump/fast little fella is a partnership that'll never go out of fashion.

Amazed frankly Polter and Wash were never given the chance, as it was blindingly obvious neither could do much on their own.

Wash deserves alot alot alot of credit for not giving in. Never seen him put in a lazy performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X