Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is our away form better than our home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is our away form better than our home?

1) Too much pressure from home fans?
    2) We're set up as a counter-attacking team, which is more suited to away games?
    3) Another reason?

Answers on a postforum please :-)

I think its to do with the crowd tbh, when they're at home the pressure is on us to succeed and if we're playing bad home fans tend to let them know whereas our away fans tend to sing their hearts out for the entire match and really stand by and reassure the players.

Id actually go far to say we've got some of the loudest and most passionate away fans in the division

Comment

Good question was thinking about this on way home Saturday. Probably crowd we like to boo and single out players but often we're less supportive then we should be

Comment

We've got a siege mentality away from home. When we play at LR it's a different mix of fans. I guess we all need to get behind them tonight. Perhaps it'll be a turning point...famous last words!

Comment

various reasons but it was starting to become toxic at LR towards the end of Jimmy's tenure

Comment

Yes, the answers so far all make sense. Tonight is the ideal opportunity to arrest the worrying trend though...

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              I think its to do with the crowd tbh, when they're at home the pressure is on us to succeed and if we're playing bad home fans tend to let them know whereas our away fans tend to sing their hearts out for the entire match and really stand by and reassure the players.

Id actually go far to say we've got some of the loudest and most passionate away fans in the division

Yeah bloody right! Our away support is average. We are not a patch on most away fans in the league. Only 1/4 of the fans stand and make noise other than at a few games like Newcastle when 3/4 were standing and shouting.

As for the question, I think the fans at home make players play with fear. We (until recently) haven't been backing we have been shouting at players and groaning at all mistakes.

Comment

Think its to do with the quality of players we've had recently in that they haven't really had the ability to create anything useful when given a lot of possession.

I think JFH started off this high pressing/counter attacking mentality but just failed miserably at implementing it properly. Ollie has come along and managed to do a better job at getting a response from the players playing in this way.

Now that it seems like we actually have a decent plan versus teams where we wont have much possession I would be shocked if the majority of their training sessions now aren't geared towards implementing a proper gameplan for when teams sit off us and let us have the ball.

Think the likes of Goss Ravel Freeman will be heavily involved in that side of our game

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Good question was thinking about this on way home Saturday. Probably crowd we like to boo and single out players but often we're less supportive then we should be
                  That's just on this message board, only positive fans have been pinkie and I. Too much of a results business so many fans don't want to noticed improved performances. We were never a relegation threatened side yet some had us down, says it all for me
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                    As for the question, I think the fans at home make players play with fear. We (until recently) haven't been backing we have been shouting at players and groaning at all mistakes.
                    So many people say this. If this is true then maybe we should start trying to be more supportive of our team instead. Just a thought? I mean we all went the same thing after all, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      So many people say this. If this is true then maybe we should start trying to be more supportive of our team instead. Just a thought? I mean we all went the same thing after all, right?
                      Problem is some fans have their favourites and their scapegoats Stan. Instead of encouraging a player after a mistake, they do the opposite. It's like they are ready and waiting for the mistake just so their opinion is confirmed. We have had the debate on here endless times and some fans reserve their right to boo or complain as they have paid for their ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        Problem is some fans have their favourites and their scapegoats Stan. Instead of encouraging a player after a mistake, they do the opposite. It's like they are ready and waiting for the mistake just so their opinion is confirmed. We have had the debate on here endless times and some fans reserve their right to boo or complain as they have paid for their ticket.
                        Yeah, I totally get that Hove. But what's the point in 'reserving their OH SO PRECIOUS right to boo or complain' if the net result is the very reason for the creation of this thread?

Isn't it about time that some of these so-called 'supporters' wake up and see the bigger picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Yeah, I totally get that Hove. But what's the point in 'reserving their OH SO PRECIOUS right to boo or complain' if the net result is the very reason for the creation of this thread?

Isn't it about time that some of these so-called 'supporters' wake up and see the bigger picture?
                          Also too many fans didn't want Holloway he was on a hiding to nothing
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I agree Stan. I suppose they feel the immediate enjoyment/reward (for want of a better word) they get for booing said player outweighs the bigger picture (i.e. encouraging the player to benefit the team). Unless logic plays no part in the decision making process

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              I agree Stan. I suppose they feel the immediate enjoyment/reward (for want of a better word) they get for booing said player outweighs the bigger picture (i.e. encouraging the player to benefit the team). Unless logic plays no part in the decision making process
                              Myopic vision and $hit for brains Hove.

Comment

Working...
                              X