Match reports from those who went?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match reports from those who went?

Fantastic win and personally I would very much like to know how i.e. Bidwell and Furlong played and were supported by the midfield?
    Last edited by Shania; 19-02-2017, 11:41 AM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Fantastic win and personally I would very much like to know how i.e. Bidwell and Furlong played and were supported by the midfield?
    Not gonna do the full report Shania but I'll go you my 2 pence.

Personally I think every player played well. We look so much better at the back with Lynch in there. Nedum and Hall both look better players with him in there talking and getting his head on things. Tough on Ned but I personally think it's about time we gave him the armband, he looks a leader to me.

Midfield looked really classy in possession. Bit suspect without the ball and I think a better side may have cut through us a bit, but on the ball Manning and Freeman both looked class and Pawel (whilst he didn't have the best game I've seen from him) is a real handful.

Up top their defence couldn't get near Smith. He won everything in the air and looked really impressive. Washington looks a changed man under Holloway and I could see him really scoring some goals if we carry on setting up with 2 up top.

The wing backs both did ok too. Personally I'd rather see a 4-4-2, particularly if Bidwell plays as I'm not sure he's mobile enough to play wing back. That said, he did well yesterday. Furlong is a gifted player and suits the wing back position in my opinion. Needs to toughen up a bit though.

Subs did well too. Screamer from Yeni, let's hope there is more to come from him. Sylla took his chance well too.

Not getting carried away though. Birmingham were as poor as any team I've seen at this level. They are clearly a club very low on confidence!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 19-02-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much, Tarbie!! This was a nice read. In the matches I have seen on telly, Lynch is defenitly captain material....really encouraging to hear that Furlong played a good match also....
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

That free kick.

Comment

Furlong was very solid and got up and down the line showed had great engine. Couple errors but made up for them. Bidwell too was solid rarely let his man get past him and bombed forward

As said by Tarbs Birmingham one of worst sides I have seen this season if I was blues fan as there effort yesterday was a showerof s hite

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            That free kick.
            yes, I'm sure there was a slow reaction from our fans who hadn't realised it was in the back of the net
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              yes, I'm sure there was a slow reaction from our fans who hadn't realised it was in the back of the net
              From behind it looked like it hit the bar a rolled over the net, not in it, but the swerve and dip were not seen on tv. Fair piece by Tarbie.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Furlong was very solid and got up and down the line showed had great engine. Couple errors but made up for them. Bidwell too was solid rarely let his man get past him and bombed forward

As said by Tarbs Birmingham one of worst sides I have seen this season if I was blues fan as there effort yesterday was a showerof s hite

It beats me reading yesterday about how one or two dont want furlong playing etc, think hes going to be quality myself as he gets better! also think syllas excellent too & washington, got the makings of a really good team!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  It beats me reading yesterday about how one or two dont want furlong playing etc, think hes going to be quality myself as he gets better! also think syllas excellent too & washington, got the makings of a really good team!
                  Yes, Furlong has to play if he is to improve. Much better than he was. Good song - two Furlongs. Rangers humour!

Comment

Haha i agree alan
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Thanks, West Acton!! Really appreciated!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Birmingham were poor, but then a lot of the teams we have played in the championship haven't been great.

Comment

Brum fans reactions.

https://youtu.be/1ptE_MHpF54

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                            Birmingham were poor, but then a lot of the teams we have played in the championship haven't been great.
                            Said to a fella next to me bring sylla on and he'll get goal, when he scored the fella went berserk and anyone would have thought i'd scored the goal ��
                            Last edited by wewillbeback; 19-02-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              Yes, Furlong has to play if he is to improve. Much better than he was. Good song - two Furlongs. Rangers humour!
                              He's our best option at right back in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                              X