Four good forwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    Yeah, right in front of me. I suppose it goes with the role he's given and whether he's doing it or not. For me a striker is there to put the ball away - top strikers do nothing else.
    Austin ?

Comment

Sylla doesn't deserve his lazy tag. He's there to be on the front foot in the box and put the ball away - and he does. All strikers could be labelled lazy. Not really their job to do much else.
      I agree
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
        One good win against a team playing worse than us and all of a sudden we have 4 good strikers!!
        Don't worry. It all balances out in the end. A few defeats and someone else will start a thread saying none of them are good enough for the Championship

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
          One good win against a team playing worse than us and all of a sudden we have 4 good strikers!!
          I would have said on recent form Conor and Sylla for certain are good and Smith has looked excellent in the first two games. Only Yeni has failed to live up to expectations but to be fair he has had a pretty rough time so far so expected no less.

Comment

Thought yeni was a dead cert ringer and someone got a backhander for signing him.
            Then he goes and does that. Have we seen a better free kick since the clive days?

Comment

Isn't the forwards. It's the change in midfield. Which will hopefully be maintained tonight.

Comment

Wszolek....and no perhaps about it dropping Luongo.
                Maybe it was about dropping our brilliant striker Mackie who has 1 goal in 7 starts ( Sylla has 7 goals - starting 10 games)

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Isn't the forwards. It's the change in midfield. Which will hopefully be maintained tonight.
                  Agree with that. Strikers are only good if the service is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Absolutely.

We've got all we need up top, for now.

To push on we'll need to get that midfield enforcer in and another striker. Injuries to any of ours and it's not so good.

I'm wandering where Goss and Ravel are going to fit in to this current setup? Competition for places is ideal, but these are two players that are quite different to what we are currently setting up as.

Don't see Goss as capable of doing what Hall is doing? Maybe i'm wrong there.

Don't see the opportunity for Ravel to have a free role or even as a #10, without changes to formation.

Both the above based on Ollie trying to setup the way he did against Brum since his second game in charge

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                      I'm wandering where Goss and Ravel are going to fit in to this current setup? Competition for places is ideal, but these are two players that are quite different to what we are currently setting up as.
                      I think we'll see Morrison and Freeman compete for a place once Morrison is fit to play.

Goss I'm not sure about - would like to see how good he is defensively as I think Hall's role is vital to our midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Agree with that. Strikers are only good if the service is there.
                        Apparently while Vardy has only scored 5 goals this season, his conversion rate is better than last...he's just not been given scoring chances this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                          Maybe it was about dropping our brilliant striker Mackie who has 1 goal in 7 starts ( Sylla has 7 goals - starting 10 games)
                          When Ollie started turning things round was when Mackie started and Manning was given a chance.
                          Mackies attitude clearly rubbed off on the others so that change was warranted.
                          I agree he shouldn't start now but he contributed and anyone who watched those games could see that despite his lack of goals.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            When Ollie started turning things round was when Mackie started and Manning was given a chance.
                            Mackies attitude clearly rubbed off on the others so that change was warranted.
                            I agree he shouldn't start now but he contributed and anyone who watched those games could see that despite his lack of goals.
                            Agree. If we are looking for a last gasp equaliser or a win there's no one better then to bring on Mackie for that.

Comment

Mackie needs to be around the team.and stay next season in my opinion, as a sub and a starter when perhaps we have had a bad run he provides energy.

Comment

Sylla doesn't deserve his lazy tag. He's there to be on the front foot in the box and put the ball away - and he does. All strikers could be labelled lazy. Not really their job to do much else.
                                Agreed.
                                The likes of Rush Allen and Lineker would be criticised and called lazy for not tracking back and tackling.
                                Taarabt was 'lazy' but his role was to attract the attention of defenders and take them on to create chances and score goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X