Four good forwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four good forwards

We finally seem to have 4 forwards who can scare defences in this division and more than that they all offer something a bit different. Washington seems finally to have been played to his strengths and is looking a sharp quick goal poacher, Matt Smith so far has been a revelation and at 6ft 5in seems to win just about every header, Sylla has pace and power and Mackie is a tireless chaser of every ball.

Plus there's Morrison, the joker in the pack who will score goals once he's fit. This is starting to look a decent side...bit of stability and some tuning in defence and we should do well next season.

Sylla doesn't deserve his lazy tag. He's there to be on the front foot in the box and put the ball away - and he does. All strikers could be labelled lazy. Not really their job to do much else.

Comment

Took his goal brilliantly today and great to see him come on and score.

Comment

I can't see anyone else in our squad scoring that type of goal.

Comment

Good game for all the forwards as Brum were woeful and that is being generous.

Comment

Fowards have been ok this season, but that's because they haven't had the service! None of our current ones are worldy's, but give them the ball in the right spot and they'll put away enough chances to win us games!

The absolute key to the last transfer window, and i think Ollie's mentality, has been getting the midfield running.

Perhaps, and i mean perhaps, the key was dropping Mass?

Comment

Who was it who delivered that pin point cross for sylla to score?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Who was it who delivered that pin point cross for sylla to score?
                Wszolek....and no perhaps about it dropping Luongo.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                  Wszolek....and no perhaps about it dropping Luongo.
                  Cheers mate.

Comment

We played a bit more attacking all game yesterday rather than just the second half when its too late. We need to keep this going as we are still error prone in defence. They could have had
                    a couple more than they scored.

Comment

One good win against a team playing worse than us and all of a sudden we have 4 good strikers!!
                      'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                        One good win against a team playing worse than us and all of a sudden we have 4 good strikers!!
                        Conor 3 in 5, smith 1 in 2, Sylla 7 in 21 (many as sub).... doesn't seem too shabby to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                          Sylla doesn't deserve his lazy tag. He's there to be on the front foot in the box and put the ball away - and he does. All strikers could be labelled lazy. Not really their job to do much else.
                          Not sure Lynch wood agree with you. Everyone in Elderslie road heard him call Sylla a lazy c-- t. I think it was the Burton game.

Comment

sylla needs to work harder , everyone sitting around me shouts at him at one time or the other to do this we can't all be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                              Not sure Lynch wood agree with you. Everyone in Elderslie road heard him call Sylla a lazy c-- t. I think it was the Burton game.
                              Yeah, right in front of me. I suppose it goes with the role he's given and whether he's doing it or not. For me a striker is there to put the ball away - top strikers do nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                              X