Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Smithies

Ned hall lynch bidwell

Wsolev manning freeman Lua Lua

Smith Washington
      That's the one for me.

Except Furlong for Ned.

Comment

Great to name your best team for the game. Will there be a game plan and will the players turn up???

Team v. Reading

Smithies
        Furlong Onuoha Lynch Bidwell
        Luongo Hall Manning
        Wszolek Sylla Mackie

Team v. Newcastle

Smithies
        Luongo Perch Manning
        Wszolek Washington Mackie

So Perch and CW for Hall and Sylla

Much of a muchness with none of the new recruits. In both games we had a plan and it paid off. Barcelona lost 4-0 this week with the best forward line in the world. "Rien ne va plus!"

Comment

Originally posted by Acton Stations View Post
          I might be tempted to try:

------------------------Smithies-----------------------

Perch-----------Lynch------------Ned-----------Bidwell

Pawel--------Manning------------Hall-----------Lua Lua

-------------Smith------------Freeman----------------

Tempted to try Freeman up front
          Freeman isn't a striker ,he is a wide player,so why play him out of position ?

Comment

Draw the names out of a hat.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              Great to name your best team for the game. Will there be a game plan and will the players turn up???

Team v. Reading

Smithies
              Luongo Hall Manning
              Wszolek Sylla Mackie

Team v. Newcastle

Smithies
              Luongo Perch Manning
              Wszolek Washington Mackie

So Perch and CW for Hall and Sylla

Much of a muchness with none of the new recruits. In both games we had a plan and it paid off. Barcelona lost 4-0 this week with the best forward line in the world. "Rien ne va plus!"

This is where i think ollies done himself with the new signings and how we had started to play brilliantly as a team unit and now hes got all these other players trying to fit them in, feel that could upset what he was starting up myself, too many choices when he should stick one of those two teams vs newcastle or reading, then change like for likes if needed!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                Cos Holloway is manager......?

Comment

Can Freeman play centre mid?

Comment

Smithies
                    Perch, Ned, Lynch, Bidwell
                    Manning, Goss, Freeman
                    Pawel, sylla, mackie

Comment

Freemans best position is as an attacking mid which is where he played when they got promoted, did great for them too but got moved to the left for some reason

Comment

I also like sylla, and would have him over smith personally, started to find his feet slowly, and ollies getting into him about working harder, but then hasnt featured much! think hes quality but needs to keep his workrate up.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          Freemans best position is as an attacking mid which is where he played when they got promoted, did great for them too but got moved to the left for some reason
                          Another No 10 then or can he put his foot in and do the defensive side as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Freeman started his football career as a striker, and then became a midfielder, adapting to the circumstances demanded by the playing set ups of his later clubs. Lua Lua deserves to start our next game as does Freeman IMO, but I think that Lua Lua is one of those players who fades later on in matches, as he tends to give his all. When that happens, I would sub him, and put Freeman back on the wing, bringing on either Sylla or Washington. Although I'm fundamentally against playing people out of position, one place I would be prepared to mix things up though is up front, rotating the personnel around Matt Smith. I think this is one place where we need to do this because I think we're too flat footed up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              I also like sylla, and would have him over smith personally, started to find his feet slowly, and ollies getting into him about working harder, but then hasnt featured much! think hes quality but needs to keep his workrate up.
                              Wasn't at the game on Sat Pinke but I heard Smith won absolutely everything in the air and bullied their defenders. Apparently on another day with a bit of luck he would of nabbed a goal. If that was the case and with Sylla's form previously to Smith coming in the team id personally much prefer to give the Smith and Washington partnership more time.

Sylaa could be a good impact sub at the moment imo! Good we got a few options though!

Comment

Smith won everything in the Air but neither Mackie or Washington read where he was flicking the ball onto. If we play Smith get Pawel on the right wing to cross the ball and not be wasted at Wing back in his own half.

Comment

Working...
                                X