Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a manager watch game from dug out or above in the stand

Discuss??

I always think at pitch level you don't really get proper view of what's going on whereas up above you get better picture of what's going on etc

Surprised football dug outs have not installed screens so they can have alternative picture of what's going on in the game like they have in Rugby Union

Pearson did it often? Or was that just due to varying restraining orders?

Aussie rules coaches always do it....

Comment

McLaren watches from above.

I know when we do away games and we end up with tickets at the front the view is awful so can only assume it's same for manager

Comment

I've always though you get a better view/idea of the action in an elevated position, this reminds me of the worst view I've ever had, this was at West Brom away, we were right at the front in the disabled section, admittedly behind the goal and its so low down I spent most of the game turning round and looking at the big screen, from that position it was so hard to make out what part of the pitch the action was taking place.

Comment

Wherever the hell they want too as long as they win!!

Comment

Thought he likes the tv gantry ?

Comment

I wished I'd watched a couple of games this season from behind the stand.

Comment

It doesn't matter he just has to win, nothing more.

Comment

It's better to look down on the players. Certainly is the case on here!

Comment

Think they should sit in the changing room and watch Sky.

The commentators clearly know what they're talking about......

Comment

They should really sit in the crowd and hurl abuse with the experts...

Comment

I stand in the back row of the SA Stand. You see potential passes that are not so obvious at pitch level
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

All depends on the manager a motivational manager will mostly be in the dug out. Mick Jones who was Warnocks number would often sit high up.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            All depends on the manager a motivational manager will mostly be in the dug out. Mick Jones who was Warnocks number would often sit high up.
                            Think that's the best option. The man motivator in the dugout and the tactition in the stand.
                            It's definitely easier to see space on the pitch from high up which could help in terms of changing formations to suit. In terms of picking passses though I'm not sure it would help. At the end of the day the players will never have the view someone in the stands does and no amount of discussion at half time will change that.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

He should sit next to me. It'd certainly give him an alternative view.

Comment

Working...
                              X