No announcement yet.

Cardiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only we would have kept Warnock. If only!!
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I think Warnock and Ollie as managers is a great comparison

You get Warnock as manager you can predict with fair amount of certainty what outcome will be with Ollie if we're honest the outcome could be anything

Comment

Got them fighting in every game and picking up points along the way. Great manager who was treated poorly by the club.

Comment

I like Warnock mate will always s love him but he's a game player and no angel

Comment

Lucky to have met him during 2010/11 season and a good bloke who was one of your own and loved managing us at that time.

Comment

Neil loves managing whatever club he's at. Astute and smooth operator but if you listen closely he says same things at every club. The fans are the best he's had, they make a difference etc

Superb manager and one of the best in my time supporting the club but game player and one of the reasons he's so successful

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                They were 5 behind us when Hasslebaink left
                Sorry I was thinking about when Warnock took over at Cardiff and we were 7 points ahead

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  His teams certainly have character and kniw how to fight back in games. The man knows how to get results in this league.
                  But wasn't deemed good enough for QPR by The Board, DoG and some fans on here. Absolutely insane.
                  Last edited by stanistheman; 16-02-2017, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    Horse has bolted unfortunately on that one. Instead of replacing Ramsey with an experienced championship manager who had already taken us up against the odds (and taken us over season before when we seemed destined for relgation), we hired a totally inexperienced manager with the "big name" in football tag. Then we replace JFH with a man who seems past his best.
                    Only at QPR...and Leeds or Birmingham.

Unfortunately there is no point in thinking about what might have been, but imagine where the club would be today had TF appointed him and sent LF packing.

Comment

They've been a bit up and down but we had 10 points on them when he took over and now they're 8 points ahead and in 12th
                      Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                      Why do we need a transition period? We just need to be patient with the new manager esp as we've made some decent signings. Just a couple weeks ago I was reading people saying we had our rangers back after the 2-2 draw with Newcastle!!

Warnock came in briefly before, we hardly ended up on better footing then.
                      In his 4 games last season he won 2 drew 1 and lost 1. I'd say that was a big improvement on where the club was under Ramsey.

Not appointing him last season or even this, is another reason why I am p@@@ed off with where this club is heading or the way it is being run.
                      The idiots in charge are ruining the club.

Comment

They've been a bit up and down but we had 10 points on them when he took over and now they're 8 points ahead and in 12th
                        He had a few games and the game we lost was away to Boro who went up and we were very unlucky!
                        Not only that, but he actually wasn't at that game due to personal reasons, so was unable to influence the proceedings, so maybe we should actually say he had 3 games 2 wins 1draw and 3 clean sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          I don't think people expect instant success but are maybe just alarmed with some of the games we have lost to teams like Rotherham, Burton and Blackburn for example. The fact of the matter is we are fairly close to the relegation zone and have lost to quite a few teams in and around us.

I do think Ollie is good for the club and in some of the games we have been very unlucky. However that doesnt change the fact that as things stand we are in a relagtion fight. We might find in 5 games that has changed because we won 4 out of 5 but right now we are well and truly in a fight to stay up.

Many positives around the club with team spirt and some of the recruitment. This hasnt transpired into results just yet and like everyone esle on this forum and who supports QPR we all hope thats just round the corner.

However as much as I like Ollie it would be a lie to say things are going to plan right now. I just hope we do enough to stay up as I do believe if we achieve that goal then we can push on in this league next year.
                          You are pretty much spot on.
                          The games lost against fellow struggles is very costly and is exactly the same as he did in 2001. This is the main issue that is concerning me.
                          It seems he hasnt learned from previous experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                            Only one man to blame , yet another disasterous decision by LF to get rid citing warnock didn't want the job full time, oh presto turns up at Rotherham and keeps them up, never bought into LF story on that one, he wanted rid to bring in that master tactician Jimmy floyd, how does he keep getting away with all the mistakes he makes without losing his job is beyond me, he will be the death of this club and he is a cancer that we need to cut out and quickly :o(
                            True , but I also blame TF for not overruling LF and sacking him instead.

I also said at the time that LF was lying and Warnock did want the job but didn't want to set the fans against the Board.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Not only that, but he actually wasn't at that game due to personal reasons, so was unable to influence the proceedings, so maybe we should actually say he had 3 games 2 wins 1draw and 3 clean sheets.
                              You really think this clubs going down the pan! Deluded that you cant see the improvements taking place,bet youd rather have a jimmy floyd type parking the bus with no flair or any attacking just to secure more points! Think heading in a great direction but will take time! How long have you been a qpr supporter stan just out of interest? Would of thought it was over 30yrs plus youd see we're slowly getting the old rangers back bringing youth through and playing with abit of flair!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Right now parking the bus to get enough points to stay up is the order of the day and then experimrnt with players and formations in pre season as a championship club. Really do not see this improvement and great direction that the club is heading into as obviously as you do but once again happy to be proved wrong as nothing would make me happier than us moving back in the right direction again.

Comment

Working...
                                X