No announcement yet.

Smithies close to signing until 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fingers crossed he stays with us but the lure of the premiership might be to much

Comment

Begovic is a blinding and consistent keeper - miles better than Smithies who is error prone and League 1 standard

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
        Begovic is a blinding and consistent keeper - miles better than Smithies who is error prone and League 1 standard
        Agreed. Smithies has been poor.
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

We should be giving Ingram a chance until the end of the season.

Comment

this. smithies gets caught out by long shots all the time and is not a premiership level keeper, in fact if bournemouth signed him i reckon they'd be in a relegation scrap.

Comment

On the Derby match thread, I got criticised for daring to mention he had made mistakes of late.

Smithies, is without doubt the best keeper we have had for many a year, player of the year elect, but he is no Phil Parkes.

If his sale can fund 2 or 3 players to make us contenders next year, then we should sell him.

But, If the club and he want to stay as our number 1 then fine by me, we could do a lot worst.

It is up to him, but he will have to improve, just a little.
              Last edited by cross it Dave; 09-04-2017, 09:46 PM.
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                Agreed. Smithies has been poor.

Comment

Sarcasm '77. To put off any potential suitors

Comment

Not gonna start panicking over an article in a rag like the Sun, but at the same time, I'm sure this new contract is bound to have a release clause if a top flight club come in with the right money!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Not gonna start panicking over an article in a rag like the Sun, but at the same time, I'm sure this new contract is bound to have a release clause if a top flight club come in with the right money!
                      Not sure it has a release clause, but don't think the club would stand in his way should a premier team come along.

Comment

Goalies tend to be more loyal than most outfield players, would expect him to be with us for a very long time.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          We should be giving Ingram a chance until the end of the season.
                          I agree with this, for afew games at least.

But hope it wouldn't suggest to smithies that we are happy to consider him leaving?

Ingram is supposed to be a good keeper but every game he's played for us, he's made mistakes that have cost us goals. Mistakes that have been down to him, and not just poor defending. So would like to see if a short run gives him a game to prove he is up to scratch.

Personally i'd look to sell Ingram if i was asked right now. Lumley is doing a great job out on loan so is suitable back up for smithies, our first choice.

Thing with goalies is, the ones that get the headlines are often those in struggling teams as we see so much of them! Remember when Cesar was the best goalie in the prem according to many when we were rock bottom?! He was actually to blame for many losses due to his inability to organise his back 4.

That Sunderland kiddie is getting loads of praise at the minute and look where they are!? Alot of the positives for Alex came when we were languishing with Jimmy, now we are doing a little better, we are suddenly seeing him come under the spotlight?

Dunno, just think he's an excellent goalie, who should be considered a vital part of a push to the prem, and to keep us there. He seems a very solid chap and a natural leader/figure head, and i would absolutely support him being captain next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Sarcasm '77. To put off any potential suitors
                            Ah. Sorry fellas. I've blown that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Yeah its a bit twee to always say 'im not going to ever believe a newspaper', cos they do get a lot wrong, but also they have broken a lot right stories as well

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                                I agree with this, for afew games at least.

But hope it wouldn't suggest to smithies that we are happy to consider him leaving?

Ingram is supposed to be a good keeper but every game he's played for us, he's made mistakes that have cost us goals. Mistakes that have been down to him, and not just poor defending. So would like to see if a short run gives him a game to prove he is up to scratch.

Personally i'd look to sell Ingram if i was asked right now. Lumley is doing a great job out on loan so is suitable back up for smithies, our first choice.

Thing with goalies is, the ones that get the headlines are often those in struggling teams as we see so much of them! Remember when Cesar was the best goalie in the prem according to many when we were rock bottom?! He was actually to blame for many losses due to his inability to organise his back 4.

That Sunderland kiddie is getting loads of praise at the minute and look where they are!? Alot of the positives for Alex came when we were languishing with Jimmy, now we are doing a little better, we are suddenly seeing him come under the spotlight?

Dunno, just think he's an excellent goalie, who should be considered a vital part of a push to the prem, and to keep us there. He seems a very solid chap and a natural leader/figure head, and i would absolutely support him being captain next season.
                                Personally I think Cesar is probably the worst keeper we've had here in the Tony Fernandes era. Great shot stopper but park football standard under a high ball or a cross!

Comment

Working...
                                X