Smithies close to signing until 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    I agree with this, for afew games at least.

But hope it wouldn't suggest to smithies that we are happy to consider him leaving?

Ingram is supposed to be a good keeper but every game he's played for us, he's made mistakes that have cost us goals. Mistakes that have been down to him, and not just poor defending. So would like to see if a short run gives him a game to prove he is up to scratch.

Personally i'd look to sell Ingram if i was asked right now. Lumley is doing a great job out on loan so is suitable back up for smithies, our first choice.

Thing with goalies is, the ones that get the headlines are often those in struggling teams as we see so much of them! Remember when Cesar was the best goalie in the prem according to many when we were rock bottom?! He was actually to blame for many losses due to his inability to organise his back 4.

That Sunderland kiddie is getting loads of praise at the minute and look where they are!? Alot of the positives for Alex came when we were languishing with Jimmy, now we are doing a little better, we are suddenly seeing him come under the spotlight?

Dunno, just think he's an excellent goalie, who should be considered a vital part of a push to the prem, and to keep us there. He seems a very solid chap and a natural leader/figure head, and i would absolutely support him being captain next season.
    Ingram played a number of games at the end of last season and preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Personally I think Cesar is probably the worst keeper we've had here in the Tony Fernandes era. Great shot stopper but park football standard under a high ball or a cross!
      I think I panicked more than I did with Green as keeper when it came to crosses coming in when Cesar was in goal!
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Personally I think Cesar is probably the worst keeper we've had here in the Tony Fernandes era. Great shot stopper but park football standard under a high ball or a cross!
        That goal just before HT at Villa Park still haunts me....
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          That whole season still haunts me.

Bosingwa, Samba, Fabio, Park, Granero, Cesar...........so much supposed talent but my God were we awful!

Comment

That whole season still haunts me.

Bosingwa, Samba, Fabio, Park, Granero, Cesar...........so much supposed talent but my God were we awful!
            I just wouldn't put granero in and amongst those names tarbs
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              That goal cost us that day.

Comment

I hate bosingwa with a passion, worst player to play for us in the past 15 years and a right disrespectful tw@ too.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  I just wouldn't put granero in and amongst those names tarbs
                  Did you rate Granero then?

I thought he was an absolute sack of sh*t for us. Might have been a good player in there somewhere but never turned up in blue and white!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    I hate bosingwa with a passion, worst player to play for us in the past 15 years and a right disrespectful tw@ too.
                    Only marginally beaten by SWP for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Only marginally beaten by SWP for me...
                      The worst thing about that SWP signing was we could have had Routledge for less, but we opted for SWP as he was seen as a better prospect!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        Agree with the latter regards disrespect, but IMHO, how bad he was (purely ability wise) is way over egged. Nowhere near the worst player we have had even in recent ears, let alone the last 30.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                        X