Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    The burton selection decision was ridiculous and I fear will come back to haunt us.
    Yep you do wonder if that game is the season defining moment, its a toss up between Burton at home and Reading away at the moment but lets all hope its that Reading Away game !

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
      Dont worry pinkie, ollie will have multiple thank you threads again once we win our next game
      Really hope those threads would come more often than every fifth week.

Comment

• Pinkie. It is one mans interpretation to the other you are a 100 % Ollie fan and fair play to you for that where me I am someone who wants a manager to stop ####ing around with the team and get points on the board. Neither right nor wrong so no one tells anyone anything as everyone has the right to post whatever they like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          Really hope those threads would come more often than every fifth week.
          Hahaha touche.

I look at it as fair enough we haven't won in 5 games or so but things didn't go our way decision wise, ie blackburn and a penalty against huddersfield. We should have beat blackburn and drew with hudd but didnt due to refs being inept. If that happened this topic wouldn't even be up.

I can see massive improvements at the club both on and off the field and it quite literally is only a matter of time until results go our way

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Yep you do wonder if that game is the season defining moment, its a toss up between Burton at home and Reading away at the moment but lets all hope its that Reading Away game !
            Good post mate. Let us hope it was Reading away. For me that was a turning point for Ollie, let's hope it wasn't part of a giant U turn!

Comment

• Everyone's got opinions, but what is clear is that Olly - for whatever reason, and you can argue both positives and negatives here - has not achieved safety yet this season. For me the poll is lacking a "could do better, but still keep him this season and into the next" option. That's the one I would have ticked. I haven't voted because none of the other options are what I believe.

Olly's inconsistencies are obvious and of no surprise to anyone who was here the first time around. We got used to defenders played as strikers and strange formations and sudden quirky changes. It's seem to be in the nature of the man that he can't do things in a straightforward manner. Whether people find that endearing or a pain in the #### is up to them.

The Burton home game is a case in point. For me this was an absolute must win game. Coming off the back of 3 straight wins and a draw, the obvious thing to do was play the same team, keep the momentum going and make damn sure we got a result. But this wasn't Olly's choice. No, instead of keeping the same winning team, Olly dropped Mackie and Manning who had both been superb and instead started Doughty in midfield, who had not started a game for us months, had one sub appearance two games previously and was only just back with the squad..... He also started LuaLua. Perhaps on paper this looked good, but why tinker at this vital moment? This, in a nutshell, is what infuriates me about Olly. The same with the Hudds game - he got it badly wrong first half.

The question is, will he learn from his mistakes? Well, he's been in the game a long time, so I guess the answer is no. But like Pinkie says, he's made an awful lot of changes for the better and it is just as likely that he'll get it right (even if he stumbles on the right way) in the end. I guess we'll soon see. For me the jury is still out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Everyone's got opinions, but what is clear is that Olly - for whatever reason, and you can argue both positives and negatives here - has not achieved safety yet this season. For me the poll is lacking a "could do better, but still keep him this season and into the next" option. That's the one I would have ticked. I haven't voted because none of the other options are what I believe.

Olly's inconsistencies are obvious and of no surprise to anyone who was here the first time around. We got used to defenders played as strikers and strange formations and sudden quirky changes. It's seem to be in the nature of the man that he can't do things in a straightforward manner. Whether people find that endearing or a pain in the #### is up to them.

The Burton home game is a case in point. For me this was an absolute must win game. Coming off the back of 3 straight wins and a draw, the obvious thing to do was play the same team, keep the momentum going and make damn sure we got a result. But this wasn't Olly's choice. No, instead of keeping the same winning team, Olly dropped Mackie and Manning who had both been superb and instead started Doughty in midfield, who had not started a game for us months, had one sub appearance two games previously and was only just back with the squad..... He also started LuaLua. Perhaps on paper this looked good, but why tinker at this vital moment? This, in a nutshell, is what infuriates me about Olly. The same with the Hudds game - he got it badly wrong first half.

The question is, will he learn from his mistakes? Well, he's been in the game a long time, so I guess the answer is no. But like Pinkie says, he's made an awful lot of changes for the better and it is just as likely that he'll get it right (even if he stumbles on the right way) in the end. I guess we'll soon see. For me the jury is still out.

Comment

Everyone's got opinions, but what is clear is that Olly - for whatever reason, and you can argue both positives and negatives here - has not achieved safety yet this season. For me the poll is lacking a "could do better, but still keep him this season and into the next" option. That's the one I would have ticked. I haven't voted because none of the other options are what I believe.

I'm in agreement with you about Ollie's inconsistencies etc and it infuriates me as it did 1st time around.

I am not convinced he will get it right in the end of this season, but hope to be proven wrong.

Comment

• A simpler question than the poll is 'Will he keep us up?'

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                      A simpler question than the poll is 'Will he keep us up?'
                      Yes I think he will with help from others but we defo need a result of sorts tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Yes I think he will with help from others but we defo need a result of sorts tomorrow
                        We definitely need a win from one of the next two.

Cue two draws!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Pinkie. It is one mans interpretation to the other you are a 100 % Ollie fan and fair play to you for that where me I am someone who wants a manager to stop ####ing around with the team and get points on the board. Neither right nor wrong so no one tells anyone anything as everyone has the right to post whatever they like.
                            This. Fair play to Holloway fans but, seriously, with only Rotherham looking likely to drop we are in the sheet, big time. Tomorrow is a classic game to 'bring on the Rangers'. They need a boost, manager under pressure, crowd not happy..... Then Wigan, who look like they have improved of late - could easily be another Burton. We've got a few 'cup ties' coming up and we know what we're like in those. If Holloway keeps us up that isn't an achievement ffs. No one had us down for a relegation battle before he arrived. JFH was boring but would keep us mid-table was the majority view if I remember right. I will be watching my boyhood team long after managers come and go but I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to two more years of Holloway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              This. Fair play to Holloway fans but, seriously, with only Rotherham looking likely to drop we are in the sheet, big time. Tomorrow is a classic game to 'bring on the Rangers'. They need a boost, manager under pressure, crowd not happy..... Then Wigan, who look like they have improved of late - could easily be another Burton. We've got a few 'cup ties' coming up and we know what we're like in those. If Holloway keeps us up that isn't an achievement ffs. No one had us down for a relegation battle before he arrived. JFH was boring but would keep us mid-table was the majority view if I remember right. I will be watching my boyhood team long after managers come and go but I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to two more years of Holloway.

Disagree with you on saying no one had us down as in a relegation battle before as i did under jimmy, & a few others i think had said aswell when jimmy was coming to the end of his tenure, we was heading south then!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Disagree with you on saying no one had us down as in a relegation battle before as i did under jimmy, & a few others i think had said aswell when jimmy was coming to the end of his tenure, we was heading south then!
                                But didn't our beloved DOF say we were still looking at a play off place when Holloway was brought in? Lots on here agreed with that....only five points from sixth place was posted a few times.

Comment

Working...
                                X