Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Ps i think youll find it was someone else who moaned about the polls and i agreed, but they dont bother me at all, everyones got there opinions and thats fair enough, even if they keep banging on about how ollie wasnt there choice and the burton game we all want the same thing so we all feel the pain everytime things go wrong!
    I wIsh I was as confident as you.

In fact, I would have more confidence if you were manager mate.

We are in it neck deep while our first choice manager in rowett is sitting in the sky studio waiting to snap up a job somewhere.

Olly was an appalling appointment yet again from dof, CEO, and the rest of the board.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Fair play to you too you have seen a lot too.
      As you mention Nedum, I happen to think that he is a poor defender too. He still makes plenty of defensive errors and some so basic a player of his experience should know better.
      Yes you were correct that there was a lack of quality in 2001, butno worse than that of Stockport Huddersfield Grimsby Crewe Portsmouth yet the 1st 3 beat QPR and the last 2 got draws. Ollie was hardly blameless.
      Yes I recall QPR getting beaten in the Play off final and winning promotion the following season thanks.

Do you recall that QPR also had the biggest spending budget in those seasons despite the collection buckets. QPR were amongst the biggest and best supported clubs in that league and had the budget to compete at the top end so finishing top 6 was the least expected from him.

The football was not that good either in those 3 seasons. Yes there were good games, but plenty of poor ones too.and yes, that is football.

We all want the best for QPR, but we will have to agree to disagree on whether he was or is the best appointment for the club. Its all about opinions.

I think the club messed up by not appointing Warnock last season or earlier this time.
      He was the outstanding manager for QPR over the last 20 seasons.

I agree but we had no money when we went down stanis so he had to build with bits! also you mention warnock but didnt he still get a top budget in the championship year aswell?! younger players will be getting a better chance under ollie and the settup than if we had had warnock in full charge, he likes his old pros, even though a healthy balance of the twos good!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        I wIsh I was as confident as you.

In fact, I would have more confidence if you were manager mate.

We are in it neck deep while our first choice manager in rowett is sitting in the sky studio waiting to snap up a job somewhere.

Olly was an appalling appointment yet again from dof, CEO, and the rest of the board.

Haha id love the job i just think hes made to fit for us personally, but obviously no one can tell how its going to pan out really, but love everything else whats happening with the youngsters and atmosphere around the place, & the fact the players are playing for ollies a good sign, just need to more points onboard now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
          Those people don't vote when it's public.
          It wouldn't influence whether I vote or not.

Comment

Haha id love the job i just think hes made to fit for us personally, but obviously no one can tell how its going to pan out really, but love everything else whats happening with the youngsters and atmosphere around the place, & the fact the players are playing for ollies a good sign, just need to more points onboard now!
            Please name these youngsters that Ollie is playing.

You talk about them getting a chance whereas Warnock would not, but we are they?
            Manning and Furlong ( who clearly is not good enough - we cannot afford a learning curve for him).
            Shodipo want given a chance and otters have been loaned out (presumably because they are not good enough, QPR's youth and U23 results are a good indicator of this).

Comment

I agree but we had no money when we went down stanis so he had to build with bits! also you mention warnock but didnt he still get a top budget in the championship year aswell?! younger players will be getting a better chance under ollie and the settup than if we had had warnock in full charge, he likes his old pros, even though a healthy balance of the twos good!
              If you want to compare the 2 in the promotion winning seasons, yes Warnock had a big budget and won the title and with a reasonable amount of flair.
              Ollie finished 2nd, well behind Plymouth and only a point or 2 ahead of Bristol City.

But its ok, you're a fan of Ollie and I am not.

For me he is tactically inferior to many other managers and at 56 he is not going to improve.
              His team selections and formations are proving costly and he has dragged the team back into a relegation scrap.
              My gut feeling is that QPR will lose at least 1 of the next 2 games and by Tuesday evening will be in the bottom 3 or just out of it by a point.

Comment

Please name these youngsters that Ollie is playing.

You talk about them getting a chance whereas Warnock would not, but we are they?
                Manning and Furlong ( who clearly is not good enough - we cannot afford a learning curve for him).
                Shodipo want given a chance and otters have been loaned out (presumably because they are not good enough, QPR's youth and U23 results are a good indicator of this).

Bit strange that as youve just named 3!! shodipos plenty good enough for us but can understand the decision to give him experience and he lacks the defensive side to his game! furlongs plenty good enough and every player makes mistakes! manning was bout to let go but ollies got him playing and a cracking talent, eberize or however you spell his name looked good in his short cameo, but got injured, then the others loaned out as to gain more experience like harry kane was loaned out! could name doughty but hes not really impressed any time seen him just lately, but how much more do you want about our promising youngsters?!

Comment

If you want to compare the 2 in the promotion winning seasons, yes Warnock had a big budget and won the title and with a reasonable amount of flair.
                  Ollie finished 2nd, well behind Plymouth and only a point or 2 ahead of Bristol City.

But its ok, you're a fan of Ollie and I am not.

For me he is tactically inferior to many other managers and at 56 he is not going to improve.
                  His team selections and formations are proving costly and he has dragged the team back into a relegation scrap.
                  My gut feeling is that QPR will lose at least 1 of the next 2 games and by Tuesday evening will be in the bottom 3 or just out of it by a point.

You go about ollie being tactically inferior which in my opinions rubbish, he just likes being progressive which gets in the way of his right decisions, also you bang on about warnock yet hes as oldskool and basic tactically as you can get in this modern football world lol, but ive nothing wrong with that as football is a simple game really! its all about how youre team of players gel and do there jobs regardless of formations!

Comment

• Warnock gives players clear instructions on how he wants the team to set up and how he wants them playing as we saw in the season we won the league and is very very clued up tactically at this level. Cannot compare the 2 as Warnock is a far superior manager to Ollie and nothing wrong with that at all. Huddersfield's coach was far too clued up last weekend for Ollie and there is a modern coach if I ever saw one. His team passed us off the park in the 1st half and the 2nd half we battered them in a very un modern way of playing and could have easily nicked us a draw.

Comment

• Warnocks a oldskool manager and is just clued up at oldskool basics which is all you need in this league anyway! but i would go as far as to say most of the managers are tactically astute else they wouldnt of had their badges! its also about bonding and ollie and warnock are very good at that! (man management skills)

Comment

• Agree with both being man managers as both always have teams with good team spirit. The Huddersfield bloke outwitted Ollie last weekend and exposed the wing back system that we put in place. Very impressed by his team and tactics and very modern way of playing. Midfielders that pass and move something we have very rarely seen at Rangers.

Comment

• Dont worry pinkie, ollie will have multiple thank you threads again once we win our next game

Comment

• Why is that then Corbray? You come across like people want to see us lose? Why would I knock £250 out and stay up in Birmingham if that were the case.

Comment

• Its just all the negativity 73 that corbrays sort of saying about thats all, alot of it can bog you down in the end & thats why its not good, im starting to get bogged down with it on here through it, like a "no you will be told!" kind of way

Comment

• Because every week its the same old crap, one week ollie is the greatest manager ever to exist who we're lucky to have and then the next week hes tactically inept and an awful manager with no brain and should go back to sky

Comment

Working...
                                X