Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    I thought when furlong was in with pawel helping out we looked superb, that for me i would of stuck with.
    That was at Reading where he played very well going forward. However truth is he has serious problems defensively. Always has and I think always will, because he doesn't understand the meaning of positioning himself between a goal and a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      That was at Reading where he played very well going forward. However truth is he has serious problems defensively. Always has and I think always will, because he doesn't understand the meaning of positioning himself between a goal and a ball.
      Did we keep a clean sheet at Reading?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        The stupid thing is that our defence is not that much more leaky than any other side outside the top 6, which further highlights our lack of goals and creating them that has been the real problem.
        Too true.

Mix of both really isn't it. Can't score if we can't commit more in the final third.

Comment

We did, but that really was a genuine team performance, everyone, without exception, pulled their weight that game.

Comment

Really good performance was that as was the Newcastle away game as well.

Comment

Furlong - typically pick on the defeats (2 not 3) but conveniently omit a win and a draw at 2 promotion candidates.
              What about Blackburn in the cup, does that not count?
              He had a good game at Reading and possibly Fulham.

He was comfortably beaten in the air for Newcastle's 2nd goal by a not particularly tall Ritchie, but lets ignore that too.

Comment

I know but some want to ignore that he doesn't understand that aspect of a full back's game.
                He should have been left out on loan to Swindon as he is not ready for the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Now agree with us getting there organically like how Huddersfield or Brighton might do this season. I don't really get a kick out of big money signings and would feel more self accomplishment if we got up spending wisely and because of good coaching and scouting.

This league is awful surely everyone would rather be in a relegation scrap in premier league over championship
                  I would rather the Premiership, but I guess others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    Your follow up post is how i'd love us to be too, thats my ambition for the club, something we can actually be proud of supporting coz christ its been embarrassing over the past few years.

Just dont want us sacking every manager we have as imo ollie brings something to us no other manager in the world can and thats love and passion. He'll get it right eventually and he wants us to do well, we cant ask for more than that
                    He has passion but he went be taking QPR up or forward. Thats just blind optimism to think he can.
                    He has just lost 6 points at home to fellow strugglers by doing what he does best i.e.. tinkering and trying to be clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      I have no problem with it being made public. I voted month or so because if we lose the next 3 or 4 games then he could well be in trouble. If we win a couple then the issue will go away but currently we have lost 4 out the last 5 and if that carries on for the next month he will be in trouble ! It isn't what I want but he needs some points on the board and quick to ensure he is still here come end of March. I hope we get the results but there will be a lot more on his back if we lose the next couple of games whether I want that or not. It's just logic nothing more.
                      I agree.
                      The next few games are vital and will , or at least should, define whether he keeps his job or not.

As. I said before, he had won 3 promotions but has at least that many relegations or contributed to.
                      QPR, Blackpool Millwall he would have relegated or contributed to Palace had Pulis not turned them around. Did he have any part in Leicester's relegation to League 1 a few years ago?

Comment

The burton selection decision was ridiculous and I fear will come back to haunt us.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          He had a good game at Reading and possibly Fulham.

He was comfortably beaten in the air for Newcastle's 2nd goal by a not particularly tall Ritchie, but lets ignore that too.
                          Throw him to the dogs, he lost a header ffs lol, jesus christ lets caine any youngster that makes a couple of mistakes, it gets funnier as you go along lol, ill remind you when ollies doing well for us!
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Yes. That was our best game of the season and we played just like I'd want us to play. Was very excited after that game.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Nope because Furlong didn't play or sit on the bench for that.

Comment

Yes. That was our best game of the season and we played just like I'd want us to play. Was very excited after that game.
                                Me too. Very optimistic after that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X