Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    A good job is changing the staff that are not pulling there weight, changing that mentality of when going a goal down, integrating the youngsters which we have quite a few now, also youngsters will be wanting to join qpr now as they can get a chance of playing, something that was rare, playing style is getting very good now and all this from the crap that jimmy had left, things look completely different bar the results but we have been unlucky, but if you want quick fixes get in another jimmy for park the bus "lets get results!" for the next 10 or so years of utter crap football! personally qpr was a side that used to play with flair, not parking the team on the goal line, id rather watch us in the old third division as long as we stick to the style that was qpr, than stuck in midtable championship grinding out results every week! football is entertainment or supposed to be!
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

A good job is changing the staff that are not pulling there weight, changing that mentality of when going a goal down, integrating the youngsters which we have quite a few now, also youngsters will be wanting to join qpr now as they can get a chance of playing, something that was rare, playing style is getting very good now and all this from the crap that jimmy had left, things look completely different bar the results but we have been unlucky, but if you want quick fixes get in another jimmy for park the bus "lets get results!" for the next 10 or so years of utter crap football! personally qpr was a side that used to play with flair, not parking the team on the goal line, id rather watch us in the old third division as long as we stick to the style that was qpr, than stuck in midtable championship grinding out results every week! football is entertainment or supposed to be!
      My head says yes to this one.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

No point in changing the manager now although I don't think he is the one to take us forward, just got to see if he gets the team winning you never know what might happen next season, he might have us going in the right direction, but if we miss relegation by the skin of our teeth then I would say we need a manager that will get us going in the right direction.

Comment

I honestly don't think enough credit goes to little old Ollie.

Transfers - Les's bunch have largely been a flop (smithies apart), funds recovered have largely been surprising and lucky but will give him credit for shifting them. Ollie has signed players that look interested, match fit (ravel aside) and are suited to championship football. They are all under 25 (decent sell ons) and the style of football has largely changed for the better.

He hasn't chosen to jettison our regular strarters in favour of the new, instead letting them lose or earn their continuing place in the team. This in turn will involve changing if players and formations to bed in the natural starting 11.

He appears to have a row did Ferdinand's Power base (not a bad thing) and has constantly conveyed to the fans what is intentions are and the state of the club - realism.

All in all I don't think the club could be in better hands considering the circumstances.

Comment

Comment

I don't actually agree with any of the 4 options on this poll.

Personally I think we are getting exactly what we should have expected when we hired Ollie. He says some things in press conferences that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and make you proud to have him as your manager. Then he'll go away to Reading and Newcastle and dig out great results with excellent battling performances.

Then you have the flip side, consecutive tactical disasters in games that we should be winning. Utter madness like playing wingers at full back and full backs in midfield. It's just madcap and it comes with the territory with Ollie.

What we can't do having backed him in transfer window is sack him now. We've made our bed and we have to lie in it!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 14-02-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Personally would give him until end of the season on the basis I can't see another change this season working.

I don't buy the 'we are playing better etc' argument. His record is appalling for us. Not a good appointment.

By the end of the season he will have had over half a season and a transfer window. I expect us to be getting reasonable results to go with more huff and puff.

We are still struggling to score, leaking goals and losing games we shouldn't. To me that is not real progress but hiding behind players running around a bit more.

Comment

He needs the summer to convert the players into a family. Bad habits and good habits should be known by all come start of season.

Comment

Unless Gary Rowett wants to join QPR there is no point getting rid IMO.

Comment

Yessss!!! Promotion is good but i don't want it at the expense of us losing who we are!! Have people forgotten about the past 10 years or what?? At the end of the day all i want from my club is to be happy and have a good entertaining day out, f*ck success we're never gunna win the prem and probably won't win a cup anytime soon but at least we won't be a fake plastic club. I'd rather us be in league 2 than go on to become the next man city

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        I'd rather us be in league 2 than go on to become the next man city
                        Oh I dunno......

My main worry is that if mistakes aren't learned from pdq we'll be back where we were when I first went, over 50 years ago, ie sniffing butt in the lower half of the third tier.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          Yessss!!! Promotion is good but i don't want it at the expense of us losing who we are!! Have people forgotten about the past 10 years or what?? At the end of the day all i want from my club is to be happy and have a good entertaining day out, f*ck success we're never gunna win the prem and probably won't win a cup anytime soon but at least we won't be a fake plastic club. I'd rather us be in league 2 than go on to become the next man city
                          Not the type to really care what other people think, but I like QPR being a club that everyone likes. It used to be that way and I feel that coming back.

I'd like to be the Southampton of the Championship. Breeding youth and selling, bringing up new talent every year, still playing great football, with the odd yoyo up to the prem so we can have Jose round and be on MOTD.

If we make it into the prem as a regular thing being honest, all the better.

#### all this scramble for glory, it's unbecoming.

Comment

Breeding youth, Topper???!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              Yeah lets get Smithies hooked up with some of the ladies team and get the 18 year plan going shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                Well at least we know we'd be able to attract quality in the form of adam johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X