Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Jimmy however we mix it up its a results business and should we win the next few games as most of us hope we do then there will be no issues but equally if we lose the next 3 games to make it 5 or 6 on the spin again then pressure will be on Again as it was in late December. We all want to win the games but losing 6 out of 7 home games is shocking especially against the teams around us. I have seen enough lately to suggest we will turn it around but again it's points we need not we played well, hopefully the two will go hand in hand in next few weeks. We need a bit of Lady Luck but I can understand others frustrations with the situation.
    It's frustrating as if we had won even one of those three games we would have felt a lot safer. Definitely more entertaining games than earlier in the season though.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      I voted out now! Only 2 to uncover.
      One now. Same reason as you,

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Should of made it public so we could see those who want him out now and by next month. Disgraceful.

Playing better, good signings imo and needs a proper pre season. He's still playing with a fractured side he's inherited.
        Needs a proper pre season?
        At this rate he could be preparing them for another stint in the 3rd tier.
        I haven't voted but would be tempted for another month or 2 more games.

Its a results business and he isn't getting them at the moment.

He has lost 3 out of the last 4 games picked up 2 from 15 points and if he fails to win any of the next 2 games, QPR will be in the bottom 3 having played more games than others in the relegation mix.

The club cannot afford to drop out of the Championship and 3 seasons try g to get back up.
        Last edited by stanistheman; 14-02-2017, 01:43 AM.

Comment

This poll will stay private.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

On a further note, some wanted to know who voted fir him to go, what I found interesting was that 16 voted he us doing a good job. If 9 defeats from 15 and 6 from 7 at hone is a good job I hate to see what a bad one would be.
            It is akin to the 'good job' Ramsey did in completing QPRs relegation by taking them down from 17th and a point or two from safety to rock bottom and about 10 points adrift.
            Last edited by stanistheman; 14-02-2017, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Give him to the end of the season and evaluate as needed. He definitely doesn't deserve the boot now, fans are behind him. We'll stay up, I feel comfortable about that, the issue is that we didn't need to be this close to the edge.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                Ollie has done most of what we all wanted;

'dross' and under achieving over paid players nearly all gone.
                Young, hungry and talented players in.
                Played better, more attractive football, for the most part, certainly more exciting.
                The club moving as a whole and believing in the badge.
                Given some funny interviews.

However Ollie has not;

Won enough games.

I'm happy to say as long as we stay up, i've seen enough to suggest to keep him on board till next season. I think had afew things gone our way, this poll wouldn't exist.

Regardless the only managers i'd want at the club other that Ollie are Rowett, Howe or Clement. 2/3 are taken and the other isn't interested it seems, so would rather stick than twist.
                I'm with you on this, didn't think he was the right man, but then maybe he was the right person for the job at that time.

We are playing much better, attacking and players are now fighting for a result. We have to give him time, although the results haven't been there yet everything else has.

This season is over, it's all about next season. We still have time, look at all the players and let the one's we don't want to leave and replace them.

Comment

I think

T THINK HE NEEDS THE WHOLE OF NEXT SEASON TO SEE IF HE CAN WORK HIS MAGIC THEN IF HE FAILS WE MUST BRING IN WARNOCK
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Will take this season to sort out jimmys mess. Amazing no club has snapped him up yet!!
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

No way would i get rid of him at all, theres no point. We have a better more experienced squad now compared to the start of the season and thats down to ollie. We're also playing good football and its only a matter of time until we start winning more games, we havent won a lot more games because we've been unlucky, ie blackburn and even hudd on the weekend when we should have had a pen

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        Should of made it public so we could see those who want him out now and by next month. Disgraceful.

Playing better, good signings imo and needs a proper pre season. He's still playing with a fractured side he's inherited.
                        Exactly this, agree with jimmy, its done norwich no harm keeping patience, now look at them flying!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          No way would i get rid of him at all, theres no point. We have a better more experienced squad now compared to the start of the season and thats down to ollie. We're also playing good football and its only a matter of time until we start winning more games, we havent won a lot more games because we've been unlucky, ie blackburn and even hudd on the weekend when we should have had a pen
                          Exactly corbray, cant believe people would want rid to start all again with someone else starting all over again, exactly the reason why we was like we was!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            On a further note, some wanted to know who voted fir him to go, what I found interesting was that 16 voted he us doing a good job. If 9 defeats from 15 and 6 from 7 at hone is a good job I hate to see what a bad one would be.
                            It is akin to the 'good job' Ramsey did in completing QPRs relegation by taking them down from 17th and a point or two from safety to rock bottom and about 10 points adrift.

A good job is changing the staff that are not pulling there weight, changing that mentality of when going a goal down, integrating the youngsters which we have quite a few now, also youngsters will be wanting to join qpr now as they can get a chance of playing, something that was rare, playing style is getting very good now and all this from the crap that jimmy had left, things look completely different bar the results but we have been unlucky, but if you want quick fixes get in another jimmy for park the bus "lets get results!" for the next 10 or so years of utter crap football! personally qpr was a side that used to play with flair, not parking the team on the goal line, id rather watch us in the old third division as long as we stick to the style that was qpr, than stuck in midtable championship grinding out results every week! football is entertainment or supposed to be!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Its a results business and he isn't getting them at the moment.
                              At the moment - key phrase IMO. Things will eventually click and we will be fine.

Comment

It would be insane to get rid of Olly now. Aren't we all sick to death of the managerial merry go round by now? I can see positives and negatives in Olly's tenure so far. I like the players he's brought in and the ones he's got rid of. I love how well we can play counter-attacking football now. But I find his inconsistency and at times baffling tactics and choices frustrating. I think he's got a fairly huge ego which is both a blessing and a curse; good when it means he has the balls to do things his way and to take control, bad when he thinks he's a tactical genius. I still think he'll turn things round this season and we'll kick on next season under him.
                                Last edited by Hubble; 14-02-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X