No announcement yet.

Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol it amazes me at the length ollie doubters will keep coming out with stuff even though the clubs getting transformed, yet some were bigging up jimmy and he hadnt done a thing! this isnt a told you so at all alan as this wont take just 5 minutes to fix and we will get plenty of bumps, but it is funny how the crew that didnt want ollie in come out with stuff just like what youve posted, instead of putting there hands up and agreeing the clubs going in the proper direction now
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Lol it amazes me at the length ollie doubters will keep coming out with stuff even though the clubs getting transformed, yet some were bigging up jimmy and he hadnt done a thing! this isnt a told you so at all alan as this wont take just 5 minutes to fix and we will get plenty of bumps, but it is funny how the crew that didnt want ollie in come out with stuff just like what youve posted, instead of putting there hands up and agreeing the clubs going in the proper direction now
      Burton Albion at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        Burton Albion at home.
        Lol again thats laughable tbh as thats one thing which ollie admitted he got it wrong! honestly alan shall we get ollie out cos of the burton game and hes tinkered a few times (twice!)?! seriously i could list soo many positives that completely outweigh that, just like i said you need to just hold youre hands up instead of being stubborn like a fair few others and admit hes doing the buisness slowly!

Comment

Lol again thats laughable tbh as thats one thing which ollie admitted he got it wrong! honestly alan shall we get ollie out cos of the burton game and hes tinkered a few times (twice!)?! seriously i could list soo many positives that completely outweigh that, just like i said you need to just hold youre hands up instead of being stubborn like a fair few others and admit hes doing the buisness slowly!
          I said in my post I've never wanted him out, just that he's not for me and I don't think we'll go anywhere under him. The last thing the club needs is more upheaval - that would be worse. If he's learnt from Saturday I'll take a step along your road, if Tuesday is another Burton it wouldn't surprise me. At least the crowd should be up for it after a 1-4!

Comment

• Ok fair enough alan, personally think hes great for us and is already showing that, just imagine someone else coming in and we go back to jimmy type performances or do a birmingham getting rid of rowett! think that the same thing would happen here just as there!

Comment

• The big difference between JFH and Ollie, and i think most other managers that we could have gotten (apart from Rowett), is that Jimmy came in and tried to impose his philosophy onto us. It's the same as Hughes did. He wanted us to play a certain way and to that end forced square pegs into rounds holes, so to speak, to get the club moving in the way he wanted to.

What he failed on, same reason Hughes screwed up, is he brought the players and ideas in identifying problems that weren't there, and failing to spot the ones we did have.

Ollie has very quickly gotten his head around what the club needed, not just the pitch. Sure he's messed up, and no, i don't think he'll be here for a long reign really, though I hope he is and wish him the best. He's a club legend.

Comment

Lol it amazes me at the length ollie doubters will keep coming out with stuff even though the clubs getting transformed, yet some were bigging up jimmy and he hadnt done a thing! this isnt a told you so at all alan as this wont take just 5 minutes to fix and we will get plenty of bumps, but it is funny how the crew that didnt want ollie in come out with stuff just like what youve posted, instead of putting there hands up and agreeing the clubs going in the proper direction now
                Bit early to be saying club going in right direction after one game! Great result and performance and I hope he does go and prove me wrong. As others have said club legend, decent bloke so really want him to be a huge success here.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Bit early to be saying club going in right direction after one game! Great result and performance and I hope he does go and prove me wrong. As others have said club legend, decent bloke so really want him to be a huge success here.
                  It's not just one game though is it. Unless you slept through Newcastle and Reading away. Very good signs. Just need to settle on a first 11 and it's lift-off.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    It's not just one game though is it. Unless you slept through Newcastle and Reading away. Very good signs. Just need to settle on a first 11 and it's lift-off.
                    And that first eleven is taking its due time as he sorted through the ones that play for the club and those that play fir themselves. Next he brought in to the club the players he felt the squad lacked. Next step (which we are in) is as he integrates the new signings slowly (managers before him flashed the cheque book and assumed job done).

The club now has competition for starting players and huge quality and depth off the bench (as seen vs Brum)

For me - job well done so far.

Comment

• Back up yesterday's game with a win at home to Wigan and I will truly believe we have turned the corner. Hopefully the confidence from yesterday will shine through Tuesday and we can get that 10 point gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                        And that first eleven is taking its due time as he sorted through the ones that play for the club and those that play fir themselves. Next he brought in to the club the players he felt the squad lacked. Next step (which we are in) is as he integrates the new signings slowly (managers before him flashed the cheque book and assumed job done).

The club now has competition for starting players and huge quality and depth off the bench (as seen vs Brum)

Well said awin and couldnt agree more, seems to be getting ignored though

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post

This. We hardly had a good team at the start of the season and even going to qpr under jfh felt more like a chore than something i looked forward too. We never had a chance for promotion this season and at least we can all say we're enjoying games now win or lose we can take positives from nearly every game ollies had, theres a real determined team unity at the club now and guys like conor and even ned have gotten 10x better largely down to ollie.

I cant wait for this season to be over and next season to begin

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            I agree we have had a few promising results. Problem is all the **** ones!

I do though hope you are right in your optimism. Had some great times under Ollie first time around and if he goes on and is a success second time around I will be a very happy fox.

Comment

• Own up...who voted on the poll today?

Comment

• Some stubborn buggers on this site wheres alan now, & wheres 73 gone lately? its gone all quiet over thereeeee

Comment

Working...
                                X