No announcement yet.

Neds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Ned get so much grief. May not be captain material but I would have him and Lynch over Hall anyday. I do not get the love affair with Hall. To me, he is a weak link when he plays in the back 4.

Comment

Hesitant is a hero figure

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        Why does Ned get so much grief. May not be captain material but I would have him and Lynch over Hall anyday. I do not get the love affair with Hall. To me, he is a weak link when he plays in the back 4.
        I personally think he is the player who deserves to be captain here more than anyone given his longevity and (deserved) regular playtime. With that being said, I agree wholeheartedly with everything said here. Hall is not as comfortable on the ball as people seem to think and he's being bailed out positionally a lot by Ned's pace.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I personally think he is the player who deserves to be captain here more than anyone given his longevity and (deserved) regular playtime. With that being said, I agree wholeheartedly with everything said here. Hall is not as comfortable on the ball as people seem to think and he's being bailed out positionally a lot by Ned's pace.
          Captain should be Lynch in my view. I wouldn't have Hall in the team, so def not captain for me

Comment

Captain should be Lynch in my view. I wouldn't have Hall in the team, so def not captain for me
            I can see that, Lynch has history with it but Ned has the experience with the club and is (to my understanding) the locker room leader.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Am I wrong in thinking the players voted for Ned to be captain

Comment

Is that because he shouts?

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  our midfield were non existent in the first half the bald fella run the game , i don't think ned had a bad game nor did hall. holloway needs to start players in their usual positions and stop playing them in systems they don't understand
                  Unfortunately Ollie does what Ollie does.
                  This is one of the main problems with him and unfortunately it is the players who get blamed.
                  But hey ho he does give passionate and some would say witty conferences which make all the difference to some fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Am I right in thinking that at times - or at least for half of the first half - Pawel was playing right back and Perch was the DM? It certainly looked like that, and if it wasn't, where the hell was Perch during their move that led to the first goal? The defence looked all at sea on Saturday and Olly has to take a large part of the blame. I get the feeling he's a big admirer or managers like Conte and tries to emulate their tactics.... except he's no Conte. I wish he'd stop tinkering and stick to a system that works. He seems to get it right away, mainly, but at home it's a mess.

On the positive side, Luke Freeman looked fantastic and scored a screamer and the whole team performance was so much better second half. Also I like Smith, he won everything in the air and just needs decent service.
                    This 100% and as a result performances and results suffer hencecwhy I don't rate him and didnt want him back here.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsmanjake View Post
                      Ned has been a big problem for years he's a donkey never a captain
                      I am tempted to agree to some extent. Not a donkey, but certainly not a good defender either as he is far too prone to errors Ala Karl Reddy.
                      His 1st season he was poor, but had the excuse of his dying mum which was perfectly understandable (apologies if that reads wrong I am trying to defend him for his performances).

He iscaverage at best and certainly not captain material.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        Am I right in thinking that at times - or at least for half of the first half - Pawel was playing right back and Perch was the DM? It certainly looked like that, and if it wasn't, where the hell was Perch during their move that led to the first goal?.
                        For the first goal there were so many defensive mistakes that players out of position is almost irrelevant.

1. One of Luongo or Manning should have tackled their midfielder who got the ball through them to Brown with ease
                        2. Pavel should have followed Brown, who was standing next to him
                        3. Onuha should have got a better block on Browns pass to Wells
                        4. Perch, who was stood at CB, should have been watching Brown run unmarked into the middle and got closer to him to stop the return pass from Wells and the resulting shot

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Am I wrong in thinking the players voted for Ned to be captain
                          I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. As has been said by a few, myself included, Ned is very well respected at the club and is quite a smart bloke by all accounts. He's someone the players trust to be composed and of all our players, I don't think anyone else should be approaching the ref regarding incidents (which has become the captain's primary job). The captain should never be the best player, he should be the player who the rest of the locker room can look up to with regards to how they represent the club both on the pitch and off it. It's why Clint made such a good captain, why Ali would have made such a good captain and why Ned - in my opinion - is the best option we have right now.

Comment

At Reading three CBs worked a treat, with Hall only pushing forward when we had the ball. This gave our ever lightweight midfield some insurance. We should have kept that idea going not change it next game. Give it a chance. As has been posted many, many times, we have more serious problems than Nedum.

Comment

Leader and captain today great performance. Calm when under pressure and superb moping up when they did get through

Captains performance great effort Ned

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Leader and captain today great performance. Calm when under pressure and superb moping up when they did get through

Captains performance great effort Ned
                                Shhh less of the common sense west. Don't you recall, he's nervous and a terrible captain !!
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X