Our new signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our new signings

I would say they have all played well in the time they have had on the pitch so far. Smith looked great at what he does, winning practically every header and allowing us to get further up the pitch. Hopefully him and Washington build a partnership, it can take a while. Only a great save stopped him scoring.

Freeman looks excellent, a bit like a stronger El Khayati with an end product.

Lua Lua is by far and away our best outlet to get the ball up the field and has a good cross on him.

Morrison and Goss not seen enough yet but Goss looked promising in his cameo.

Agree. On recent performances, both Freeman, Lua Lua and Smith should be starting the next game. Goss never played in the League before, so Ollie must be coutious with him. Its unfair for Goss to be put straight in and asked to boss the midfield. Ravel is something different. He lacks match fitness, however I am sure that when he is, he will add quality to the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      Its unfair for Goss to be put straight in and asked to boss the midfield.
      Same was expected or hoped for with Manning - he did well.

Comment

New in. The Jimmy and PE teacher dross out. Luongo.

Comment

Got tip my hat to Smith better then I thought he would be. He don't look comfortable moving across the grass but when the ball is in the air he flicked it on just pity Mackie and Washington seemed unable to work out to play off the flick on and ran everywhere but where he was flicking

Freeman I like look of and I am baffled that Lua Lua don't start week in week out as every time he's in the team we look a different side

Comment

It's becoming laughable that Lua Lua can't seem to get a start at the minute. He's consistently one of our better players every time he's featured. I'm doubting whether the favourites will be dropped of course.

Comment

Smith was a monster, won everything in the air. I really like the look of Freeman, very skillful and took his goal well.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Smith does have a tendency to let the ball hit his head therefore no power but a good debut. Freeman looked very promising. Not frightened to try a bit of skill.
                LuaLua a better player than Mackie but Mackie a Holloway favourite.

Comment

Just seen the game and we looked more lively when the subs came. I love mackie and like luongo but i think they need to be dropped for the next game, mackie because theres other better players we should be playing instead and luongo because i'd like to see our side without him tbh. He has hit and miss games and i think he needs to have a spell on the bench for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Got tip my hat to Smith better then I thought he would be. He don't look comfortable moving across the grass but when the ball is in the air he flicked it on just pity Mackie and Washington seemed unable to work out to play off the flick on and ran everywhere but where he was flicking

Freeman I like look of and I am baffled that Lua Lua don't start week in week out as every time he's in the team we look a different side
                    This. Less like a pro footballer I don't think I've seen for a long time - Smith looks more like some kid's dad who has turned up for a kick about on parents' day but if route one gets us the goals we need, well........

Comment

Smith was superb. Offers a completely different option and one we haven't had for years.

Freeman looked very lively. Far more purpose to him than we've seen from any other midfielder recently.

Lua Lua offers pace. Absolutely vital and something we are sorely missing. Absolutely no point in bringing a player like that in on a loan and leaving him on the bench.

Goss and Morrison haven't had enough time to judge them, but I suspect they, like the others, will do a good job.

What's really letting us down at the moment is stupid formations and selection issues. Hardly surprising Hall and Perch are failing badly when they are being played out of position with better options available. And who on earth would take a solid full back like Bidwell and completely waste him by playing him as a wing back?

Olly had better sort this nonsense quickly, or I fear for what reactions to him will be.

Comment

Freeman & Smith are outstanding signings, QPR have always done well with target men (Zamora, Helguson etc ) - Freeman reminds me of Lee Cook, I think Freeman will do VERY well. Lua Lua I'm not sold by YET & QPR's records with them type of players isn't that good (Hoilett, Shaun Wright Phillips, Ngbakto ), Morrison is our only hope of promotion next season in my opinion IF we were to sign him on a perm deal. Goss possibly a squad player but that's only a guess
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                          Freeman & Smith are outstanding signings, QPR have always done well with target men (Zamora, Helguson etc ) - Freeman reminds me of Lee Cook, I think Freeman will do VERY well. Lua Lua I'm not sold by YET & QPR's records with them type of players isn't that good (Hoilett, Shaun Wright Phillips, Ngbakto ), Morrison is our only hope of promotion next season in my opinion IF we were to sign him on a perm deal. Goss possibly a squad player but that's only a guess
                          I agree with Freeman! I can see the Lee Cook style connection

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Promotion next season!! Do you mean from Div 1???

Comment

always liked freeman he wants to attack and shows good intent , we stood off hudders y'day in the first half and paid for it . the 2nd half we came out and attacked , i'd like to see smith brought on for the last 2o or so when we are chasing a game and mackie as well to chase down defenders id start lua lua and get him to attack defenders from the off

Comment

Working...
                              X