English referees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English referees

I cannot understand what is up with English referees, especially were the R's are concerned. Time and again, clear decisions go against us and nothing happens. Do the club protest or try to meet with the association to discuss these terrible decisions that always seems to go against the R's. Surely, there is some kind of an agenda within the association to make life difficult as much as possible. Its a sport and one should take the whole package that goes with it, however I cannot help wonder if there is a hidden agenda somewhere along the line. I always console myself by saying that 'maybe on another day it will be us that gain from a bad decision.' That day is so far away that it could well be too little too late then!

I agree, we do have faults and probably should have won today with the chances we had. But we had one very clear penalty ruled out and then we had a perfectly valid goal disallowed. Now you can't rely on the referees entirely but that would have been one draw and a good chance to get a second at the very least.

Comment

Think when club and fans start pulling out the old it's referees fault we really are struggling. Let's take referees influence out of it and take care of our business and finish our chances

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Think when club and fans start pulling out the old it's referees fault we really are struggling. Let's take referees influence out of it and take care of our business and finish our chances
        This...getting tired of all the hard done by stories

Comment

If we had played the first half with the personnel+tempo we did in the second, we wouldn't have needed to be blaming the ref

Comment

He was terrible but our defending was worse! Clutching at Srraws when we have to rely on that old chestnut. Yes it was a clear penalty near the end but that was not the reason we lost the game.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                If we had played the first half with the personnel+tempo we did in the second, we wouldn't have needed to be blaming the ref
                Also exactly

Comment

The ref was crap, hope we won't be using that as an excuse if we are relegated !!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    He was terrible but our defending was worse! Clutching at Srraws when we have to rely on that old chestnut. Yes it was a clear penalty near the end but that was not the reason we lost the game.
                    It was not the only reason, however it was one of the reasons!

Comment

Yes but for example the Blackburn match, we did finish our chance. :S so even with doing all the things you said there, in that scenario it was the referee.

Comment

Working...
                      X