On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    This has been a concern since he arrived. We needed tactical flexibility and is absolutely essential to have more than one game plan but I suspect Olly doesn't know his best set up and that uncertainty communicates itself to all of us, players included. Since he's been here I think we've seen at least four and possibly five different formations. Experimentation is for training - sooner or later decisions have to be made.
    Agree! If we were several places and points clear of the drop I would be ok with lots of experimentation to allow flexibility moving forward and sorting out who can play where, he clearly doesn't have that luxury atm!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

I think that Ollie's tactics lost us the game yesterday. To start with Wsoslek who is our best attacker at right back with Perch a right back playing centre half was plain daft. Perch changed positions 5 times before the 70th minute. Ollie was constantly changing formations and players positions. If we had started with a 4-3-3 formation I'm sure we would have got something from the game. Agree that Freeman should start on Tuesday and probably Lia Lia as well as Mackie was totally ineffective.

Comment

2 home games in a row that his selection or formations have cost us the game. While there has been promise since he arrived there has not been points to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
          Closed down after a fire last year, not many decent pubs in Romford centre, all a bit lively for me .
          Shame grew up in there
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Why do we only seem to attack when it is too late. At home we should be attacking from the off. When you play a five man defence it's going to weaken you elsewhere,in our case midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
              I think that Ollie's tactics lost us the game yesterday.
              Always the achilles heel with Olly and a real cause for concern imo. I don't think he knows the drills for different set ups. For each set up you have to practice the drills again and again in training and then, and only then, do you put them on the park. Which is why a lot of people were watching Conti over recent years, he uses different set ups successfully but in training they spend hours on the contingencies for each one. Everyone knows exactly what they are supposed to be doing. Which in a nutshell is the art of managing.

At this level you have to cut your cloth according to the playing staff and Olly isn't doing that either. Its not all doom and gloom but for me he needs to wisen up. Fast.

Comment

A lack of defensive cover from midfield and the usual switching off from our defence at dangerous times was the only difference between a team in a relegation battle and a team fighting for promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  A lack of defensive cover from midfield and the usual switching off from our defence at dangerous times was the only difference
                  Unfortunately Mush that is all it takes.

Comment

Ollie simply must get us points on the board not least of all for his own sake: in so far as he has done well in fostering the maturity and growth of some players, and giving them a chance. He has created a fighting spirit among his troops, granted. But the longer this experimentation goes on with players played out of their positions, reversion to desperate measures when chasing a game for the umpteenth time, and no more points on the board, how long will it be before those players themselves lose faith and confidence in their boss? COYRs.

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
                      I think that Ollie's tactics lost us the game yesterday. To start with Wsoslek who is our best attacker at right back with Perch a right back playing centre half was plain daft. Perch changed positions 5 times before the 70th minute. Ollie was constantly changing formations and players positions. If we had started with a 4-3-3 formation I'm sure we would have got something from the game. Agree that Freeman should start on Tuesday and probably Lia Lia as well as Mackie was totally ineffective.
                      Start on Tuesday??

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                        Start on Tuesday??
                        Saturday presumably although everyone else is playing this week. Presumably this was the original Burton date?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Saturday presumably although everyone else is playing this week. Presumably this was the original Burton date?
                          Yeah it was mate.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            No, Burton was meant to be on Valentine's day. Wigan got rearranged due to their FA Cup involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                              No, Burton was meant to be on Valentine's day. Wigan got rearranged due to their FA Cup involvement.
                              Yeah valentines day is tuesday.
                              So ollie brought the game forward cos we had the free saturday cos wigan being in the fa cup.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                Unfortunately Mush that is all it takes.
                                Yeah and it just seems to happen to us far too often.

Comment

Working...
                                X