On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

Much better second half when Holloway eventually went back to a back 4, he changes formation to much for my liking,pick a formation and stick with it, promising debut from Smith who wins everything in the air, good start for Freeman who looked a tricky,busy little player, Lua Lua adds pace and skill upfront and I would start him ahead of Mackie.

As a team will need to learn to keep possession and far to often give the ball away too cheaply, our old friend Loungo again watch the game pass him by and I personally would bench him, to me he adds nothing to the side, huge penalty shout on 85 mins for handball, when all the loft and half the fans in Ellerlisle appeal in unison it must have been close.

Saw enough especially second half to believe we will stay up, but we do need to start picking points up ASAP
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 11-02-2017, 06:49 PM.

Bang on the money as usual.

Comment

Always a very honest assesment and never a knee jerk reaction to anything.

Comment

Always look out for your On the way home posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
          Much better second half when Holloway eventually went back to a back 4, he changes formation to much for my liking,pick a formation and stick with it, promising debut from Smith who wins everything in the air, good start for Freeman who looked a tricky,busy little player, Lua Lua adds pace and skill upfront and I would start him ahead of Mackie.

As a team will need to learn to keep possession and far to often give the ball away too cheaply, our old friend Loungo again watch the game pass him by and I personally would bench him, to me he adds nothing to the side, huge penalty shout on 85 mins for handball, when all the loft and half the fans in Ellerlisle appeal in unison it must have been close.

Saw enough especially second half to believe we will stay up, but we do need to start picking points up ASAP
          Video shows it was very very clearly a handball.

Comment

Relegation luck lately.

Comment

Always a good assessment, I look out too for your posts, good stuff.

Comment

Is the bitter end still open romford?
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Closed down after a fire last year, not many decent pubs in Romford centre, all a bit lively for me .

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Relegation luck lately.
                    Yep definitely having relegation luck and we need to stop it smartish !

Comment

have to agree with OP. Only thing I'd add is we should stop admiring the opposition and get at them from the off, we had them rattled in the 2nd half
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Yep definitely having relegation luck and we need to stop it smartish !
                        You make your own luck

Comment

Agree with your assessment Romford - the two second half subs made a huge difference. Freeman looks like a tasty player and our performance second half gave me hope, whereas at the end of the 1st half I felt despair. We really, really should have had a deserved equalizer, but for their ridiculous luck - we were battering them at the end, and the blindness of the ref and linesmen in not seeing that blatant handball. Not the greatest result as a birthday present, but I saw enough second half to feel okay about it. Freeman and LuaLua to start from now on please.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            You make your own luck
                            Like last week eh?
                            Simply not true. Just a cliche.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                              Much better second half when Holloway eventually went back to a back 4, he changes formation to much for my liking,
                              This has been a concern since he arrived. We needed tactical flexibility and is absolutely essential to have more than one game plan but I suspect Olly doesn't know his best set up and that uncertainty communicates itself to all of us, players included. Since he's been here I think we've seen at least four and possibly five different formations. Experimentation is for training - sooner or later decisions have to be made.

Comment

Working...
                              X