Match Thread: QPR v Huddersfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Pawel played his worst game for us today and agree with him being subbed. We set up all wrong from the start and unfortunately terrible defending has done us again.
    This is down to the manager though.
    Remember how leaky the defense was last season under Ramsey, then Warnock came in and 3 clean sheets from 4 games (only 1 94th minute pen conceded) using the same defenders.

It boils down to coaching and tactical knowhow and Ollie does not possess those.
    But its ok we can blame the officials and the players for being crap.

Comment

• Great performances today from Smith and Freeman. We are snakebit at the moment, but overall play is much improved. Yes, Ollie made a tactical mistake in first half formation. But moving forward it's time to make the tough managerial calls. First, platoon Mackie and Lualua, especially when we play two games in a week; it's a win win. Second, start Smith and Freeman moving forward; would like at least once to see Smith and Sylla together (the twin towers). Third, time for Luongo to be platooned; amazing he has yet to score ONE goal at QPR; not one. Forget Ngbakota; waste of time, and of other talent on our bench who deserve to play more than him (Eze, Greco-Cox, others?). Like all of you am again gutted by today's result, but believe we are on the verge of playing strong against every team moving forward. Predict we will win at Birmingham, and blow Wigan back to Manchester.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        This. Cm has hereon in to be a pick of Goss, Manning and Freeman.
        Don't really know much about Goss, but he must surely offer more than Luongo does.

Why was Morrison not selected.
        If he is fit he will also offer more in midfield and attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Don't really know much about Goss, but he must surely offer more than Luongo does.

ABL.....It's time.

Comment

• Smith was good, won everything in the air. Unfortunately our players are too thick to anticipate the headers and run on to the ball. Freeman and Lua Lua also decent - need to be starting.

Comment

• Ollie lost 7 home games.

Comment

• I agree. Plus we need to stop messing around with defensive formation schemes that leave us like sitting ducks, especially when for whatever reasons we have defenders who seem far less aggressive than most to dispossess the opposition; Onouha in particular.

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
                Smith was good, won everything in the air. Unfortunately our players are too thick to anticipate the headers and run on to the ball. Freeman and Lua Lua also decent - need to be starting.

Comment

• However we mix it up 6 defeats in 8 home games and 1 point from 12 is relegation form and unless we sort it out quickly we will end up getting relegated we are already relying on others. Officials though have been ####ing appalling lately and certainly aren't helping matters !

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I offer more than Luongo does and I haven't kicked a ball for 15 years.

Comment

• It still baffles me why we didn`t buy at least one physically strong midfielder.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Westway View Post
                        I offer more than Luongo does and I haven't kicked a ball for 15 years.
                        You certainly do. Me too.

Comment

• Our skipper was woeful for their first goal and his days must be numbered in the team. Truly embarrasing defending for the 1st goal.

Comment

• Just back. Mackie was absolutely dreadful as was Bidwell. Freeman class act when came on. Mackie doesn't do it for me, all he does is give away free kicks slow as f.ooook. Luongo was very poor also Mooy and brown ran it in the middle. Give Hudds credit 1st half took the ####

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Surprised its not blown up on here already brian the maccas stanis rebel westy anti ollie crew this is another game where the officials got the result for the opposition!
                              Out of interest when was last time you heard me bag Ollie??

Comment

• Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
                                Smith was good, won everything in the air. Unfortunately our players are too thick to anticipate the headers and run on to the ball. Freeman and Lua Lua also decent - need to be starting.
                                This with bells on it. Jesus, the number of times he played a header into a dangerous spot and Washington or Mackie ran either too early or ran in a completely different direction was ludicrous.

Freeman got the crowd on their feet like nothing I've seen in a while at this club, in a really odd way. Most of the skills he did were very clever and that shot was quality. Power and precision, something we've lacked.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X