Caulker deal in doubt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    With his loan deal to the Russian outfit now cancelled, I think he should be recalled to the first eleven. I am sure he is fit enough, as the medical with Lokomotiv proofs so well. I do not know how he get on with Ollie, however, with our defense conceding goals on regular basis, he could be the answer to our fragile back four. After all, why pay him more then 30K weekly to let him relaxed without kicking a ball?
    Don't want him anywhere near the first team! If he was a special talent then you put up with his misdemeanours but he isn't a special talent just another wrongun, get rid asap.

Comment

Can you imagine that happening to Washington, Ned or Smithies? What a wrong un. Get rid. Plank of a community member.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Don't want him anywhere near the first team! If he was a special talent then you put up with his misdemeanours but he isn't a special talent just another wrongun, get rid asap.
        But the transfer window is closed,why do people still aimlessly say "get rid" !!,we can't, we are stuck with him till the end of the season so why not get him fit,let him earn his big wages and play him if needed.

Comment

Personally can't see this £40k a week walking disaster fitting into Holloway's all-for-one first team

For me - Caulker epitomises everything that has been wrong with the club for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Personally can't see this £40k a week walking disaster fitting into Holloway's all-for-one first team

For me - Caulker epitomises everything that has been wrong with the club for ages.
            Can't disagree but when signed he must have thought he was coming to a football plss takers society

Comment

We are short of center backs so could very well need him for our run in,he cost us £8 million and most on here were over the moon when he signed,including me. If fit and needed he must play

Comment

When does his contract run out? Such a shame, had high hopes for Caulker, if he put his mind to it he's be a top Centre Half.

Comment

We would be short of brains not centre backs to consider having him anywhere near the 1st team squad

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    When does his contract run out? Such a shame, had high hopes for Caulker, if he put his mind to it he's be a top Centre Half.
                    I think we all had high hopes when he signed. The general public opinion was also that we have pulled off quite a coup. Thinking back though, it was pretty strange that only us and Palace were in for this promising young English player.

Obviously what has transpired is that he is a raging p*ss head and most of Premier League had probably done their due diligence and realised this guy was an accident waiting to happen.

If I had to sum up the failings of our transfer policy since Fernandes came in, it would simply be that we did not screen our new signings thoroughly enough. We have signed players based on reputation, or a few solid performances on a loan spell but what we clearly haven't done well enough is actually check out their current situation, fitness and mindset well enough.

Park Ji-Sung was signed to a huge fanfare after he'd already sustained what turned out to be a career ending knee injury. Diakite was signed despite clear psychological issues. God knows how many were signed that were only here for the money. I'm hoping that we've learned our lesson a bit and all of the new crop of players are here cos they want to be here, and are mentally and physically fit to play for the club!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 21-02-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      I think we all had high hopes when he signed. The general public opinion was also that we have pulled off quite a coup. Thinking back though, it was pretty strange that only us and Palace were in for this promising young English player.

Obviously what has transpired is that he is a raging p*ss head and most of Premier League had probably done their due diligence and realised this guy was an accident waiting to happen.

If I had to sum up the failings of our transfer policy since Fernandes came in, it would simply be that we did not screen our new signings thoroughly enough. We have signed players based on reputation, or a few solid performances on a loan spell but what we clearly haven't done well enough is actually check out their current situation, fitness and mindset well enough.

Park Ji-Sung was signed to a huge fanfare after he'd already sustained what turned out to be a career ending knee injury. Diakite was signed despite clear psychological issues. God knows how many were signed that were only here for the money. I'm hoping that we've learned our lesson a bit and all of the new crop of players are here cos they want to be here, and are mentally and physically fit to play for the club!
                      Good post

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        We are short of center backs so could very well need him for our run in,he cost us £8 million and most on here were over the moon when he signed,including me. If fit and needed he must play
                        Short of CB's? Onuha, Hall, Lynch and Perch can all play there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Short of CB's? Onuha, Hall, Lynch and Perch can all play there.
                          Perch is a a bit of a stretch though ain't he? Full back all day long for me!

Personally I think the squad is 1 centre half light and also light of a real midfield enforcer!

Comment

Robinson will be back for his one game a year next week.

Comment

To be fair maybe everyone thought Caulker had turned a corner. He'd been Cardiff's player of the season in their one year in the Prem, but his love of the booze must have been well known. Bit like Taarabt in an entirely different way, wasting a huge talent

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                                To be fair maybe everyone thought Caulker had turned a corner. He'd been Cardiff's player of the season in their one year in the Prem, but his love of the booze must have been well known. Bit like Taarabt in an entirely different way, wasting a huge talent
                                One is addicted to beer , the other addicted to kebabs?
                                Talking of our best ever player, how is adele getting on, anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                                X