No announcement yet.

Stadium update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair enough. Like I said.....what do I know about stadium design!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      We are funding the project with some help from the council. We will prioritize our stadium and we've made a statement to say we won't have a running track if we can build on this land. Atmosphere is respected by our owners and it's only a small running club, they will only need a 400m track with very small stands. Its not going to be athletics for the international stage
      Exactly WeAre. Will be a running track with modern stand with facilities which probably holds about two or three thousend. Is it millennium where there is mini athletics stand attached to main ground?? Assume will be something similar

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
        west hams stadium is multipurpose and their games are absolutely dead, you'd be better off watching the game from your tv as the distance between the seats and the pitch is ridiculous and i think that we don't wanna go down that route of the atmosphere being ruined, plus thames valley harriers want their own smaller stadium that can be used by the community around the ground and be a designated sports facility. it's tvh's land at the end of the day and they have no money to restore their current stadium or upgrade it so the best option for both parties is the one that we're suggesting to them, they seem pretty keen on the idea along with the community. it's a win win for all involved though and if there's enough land to build a football stadium and sports track then why the hell not
        Corbray, you have the patience of a saint! Can we repeat that explanation at the top of each page of this thread please?

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          Still there mate, westway to front of hospital
          Cheers. Google mapped it and sure it is ! Surrounded with new buildings.
          Straight down Blom dead across the Westway keep going and there it is.

Comment

• https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/11664/qp...utumn-2017.pdf

Comment

• I would imagine attendances at athletic meetings would come to a couple of hundred at most. On that basis the cost of a track and facilities wouldn't be much more than what we payed for Denzil
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• New Stadium Updates and Warren Farm

I Haven't Heard much from the club about the new stadium in the last few months.

From what I know and read about this, it looks like Old Oak Common is now off the table and its looks like Linford Christie Stadium is now looking like the frontrunner for the site.

Personally I would have the initial capacity at 20,000 but with the option of expanding to 30,000 in phases over time depending on our success on the pitch.

I find it better to do it that way so we can get the stadium built as quickly as possible.

Will be extremely sad to leave Loftus Road Eventually but if we want to be successful we have to move out to do that.

Comment

• Can we have a cheese bar
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• We get great win and your first ever post is this I smell a WUM

Comment

• We need to move as much as West Ham did.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        We need to move as much as West Ham did.

Comment

• Our ground would be better if they brought that common standing thing back as the great unwashed are taller than us posh seat folk were back in the day.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• I read somewhere that we'll never find a site in London so Kent it is. Canterbury Park rangers!

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              I read somewhere that we'll never find a site in London so Kent it is. Canterbury Park rangers!
                              CPR!!....So we'd support a team that resuscitates, as opposed to one that nearly gives us a heart attack

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                CPR!!....So we'd support a team that resuscitates, as opposed to one that nearly gives us a heart attack
                                You've definitely become more intelligent from your year spent on loft4words. Maybe send a few more over there as it's certainly a good education
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X