Retro Norwich '76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Norwich '76

If you look at the highlights it seems that we practically gifted the win to Norwich.
    Those of you who were there or were closely involved otherwise, what memories do you have from that day?

Was the mother of gut wrenching game.

Comment

I have never been on such a packed terrace before or since.

The game for me was just a blur.

There was trouble on the coach on the way back, old bill boarded the coach in East London.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Masses of R's fans . Offside Norwich goal and also a belter from Morris. Place erupted when Dave Thomas equalised. Great atmosphere . Ultimately the game that cost us. We were good that season, really good. The best footballing team in Div 1 by a mile . Tremendous season. (Hated Norwich since that day ...but still living here ! )
        Can't imagine the Prem allowing a deciding game to take place about 2 weeks after we finished...I think Kindon put Wolves ahead but they caved in . Remember thinking at the time we'll win it next season...the dreams of youth !!

Comment

Was too young to get angry back then, was 10 years old but I do remember my dad getting very angry with Bowyers goal and the punching incident down the other end he still stands by those 2 decisions cost us the title. I have to agree when you look back at the evidence now !

Comment

Where's the footage ? Felt we were almost invincible but no answer to a thunderbolt and an off side goal ( though how I could tell that from behind the goal at the other end is beyond me).

Comment

Only a youngun' and I remember crying after the result. By far the best football we have ever played, top top team that year
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

First time i ever felt emotinal pain and didnt know how to deal with it, honestly thought it was the end of the world.
                Then i realised it wasnt.
                Nah, the end of the world was a few weeks later crouched over a wireless listening to Wolves v Liverpool live.

Lowest ive ever felt that night, then finally got it paid back in full at Wembley all those years later.

Comment

Complete and utter shock and disbelief.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                    Where's the footage ? Felt we were almost invincible but no answer to a thunderbolt and an off side goal ( though how I could tell that from behind the goal at the other end is beyond me).
                    On the 75/76 DVD shows footage pretty sure Bowyers offside goal was our end but was only 10 so may be wrong.

Comment

He was a f*cking mile offside! Horrible day Have hated the six fingered carrot crunchers, Delia, Stephen Fry, ever since!

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                        I have never been on such a packed terrace before or since.

The game for me was just a blur.

There was trouble on the coach on the way back, old bill boarded the coach in East London.
                        on our coach from The Springbok it all started fighting at Finsbury Park Fair
                        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Our's was Mile End way, ther was no fighting, I seem to remember beer bottles being rolled out of the air vents on the roof of the coach, smashing in the road.

The driver wasn't happy, so he pulled up outside a police station, a couple of old bill got on reading the riot act to one and all, 45 minutes later we all got off outside SAR, all totally pissed off.
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X