No announcement yet.

Huddersfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you just hates those websites that overpower you with adverts before you even start reading the article!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Proper old school game this.
      Huddersfield always make me think of the old days, a place no man has ever been to, that kit and remembering them from the footy stickers albums (that crest) and thinking where the fark is Huddersfield.
      Every single supporter in the away end will be in a flat cap and a lot of them will be with rattles, should be a great game.
      Oh you do make me laugh sometimes Kev. Funny enough, I was in Huddersfield only yesterday. The flat cap quotient has severely declined I'm afraid, and even the hipster beard has made deep inroads into Northern mill town culture... and not a whippet in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Oh you do make me laugh sometimes Kev. Funny enough, I was in Huddersfield only yesterday. The flat cap quotient has severely declined I'm afraid, and even the hipster beard has made deep inroads into Northern mill town culture... and not a whippet in sight.
        I seem to remember when I was a kid collecting those football cards that Harold Wilson was a Huddersfied fan. Can you confirm Hubster?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          I seem to remember when I was a kid collecting those football cards that Harold Wilson was a Huddersfied fan. Can you confirm Hubster?
          sorry for trunking in Kev, but you are correct, Harold was a Huddersfield fan
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Well he probably was, since he's the town's most famous descendent and there's a statue of him outside the train station. So I'd say yes!

Comment

Ha ha. What was you doing there mate?
              Still presumed it was a place no man had ever ventured to.

Comment

Well he probably was, since he's the town's most famous descendent and there's a statue of him outside the train station. So I'd say yes!
                Has that statue got a Huddersfield bobble hat on? That could be the clincher.

Comment

Ha ha. What was you doing there mate?
                  Still presumed it was a place no man had ever ventured to.
                  My partner lives near Hudders Kev, so I'm there quite a lot. Can't say it's the greatest place I've ever been, there's a distinct lack of fine dining and the coffee is awful, but the folk are friendly and there's good walking country in them thar parts.

Comment

Has that statue got a Huddersfield bobble hat on? That could be the clincher.
                    Yes.
                    (Not really)
                    Highly unknown factoid: my grandmother used to insist her father invented the bobble hat.

Comment

My partner lives near Hudders Kev, so I'm there quite a lot. Can't say it's the greatest place I've ever been, there's a distinct lack of fine dining and the coffee is awful, but the folk are friendly and there's good walking country in them thar parts.
                      Ive got nothing against the place hubs, not at all .(massive fan of the north) Its just one of those places that nobody ever seems to have been to.
                      Been to most of England myself, but never there.

Comment

Huddersfield always make me think of the old days, a place no man has ever been to, that kit and remembering them from the footy stickers albums (that crest) and thinking where the fark is Huddersfield.
                        Every single supporter in the away end will be in a flat cap and a lot of them will be with rattles, should be a great game.
                        they will leave their pigeons at home and their whippets tied to the railings outside the away end

Comment

Think north is s hithole personally

Comment

last time i went h'field , i parked up £3 well pleased turned the corner walked toward the ground and saw 100 odd hudders fans across the road . every single one of them aged 6 to 60 had a baseball cap on . baseball caps are horrible , pointless and tacky thank god my boys don't wear them

Comment

Hello QPR Fans. Really looking forward to coming down to the smoke this weekend and tasting some jellied eel and flat beer. Hopefully we will see Chas & Dave for a sing song round the old Joanna. Might bring an old fridge down for Steptoe to collect on his rounds!

On a serious note, looking forward to the game and think it will be close. We've had a brilliant few weeks but you look as though you can grind out a result. Will be good to see Smithies and Lynch again. Good luck and see you on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier66 View Post
                                Hello QPR Fans. Really looking forward to coming down to the smoke this weekend and tasting some jellied eel and flat beer. Hopefully we will see Chas & Dave for a sing song round the old Joanna. Might bring an old fridge down for Steptoe to collect on his rounds!

On a serious note, looking forward to the game and think it will be close. We've had a brilliant few weeks but you look as though you can grind out a result. Will be good to see Smithies and Lynch again. Good luck and see you on Saturday.
                                Cheers mate. Good comeback banter there. Enjoyed seeing you turn over Brighton and massive Leeds but take it easy on us if you don't mind!!

Comment

Working...
                                X